Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dreaming of Fiji

Not even a week has passed since returning and I'm already dreaming of my next trip to Fiji... Big Grin

Anyway, here are some photos of my recent trip which I use to console myself... Big Grin

#1 - Resort Grounds, The Pearl South Pacific

#2 - Outdoor dining "bure" or hut

#3 - Sunset

#4 - Beach and island silhouettes

The second half of our trip, we stayed at an island resort. Think blue skies, sunny beaches and crystal clear blue water, and you'll get the picture.

#5 - One of the islands from the ferry

#6 - View from the jetty

#7 - Beach on a rare, overcast day

#8 - Infinity pool

I can tell you know how to take pictures.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Looks fantastic Jules. I hope you had a great time.
I'm sick of winter already. Did you bring some of that weather back with you?

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Great place Jules - I wish I was there - but too far to swim. I am too afraid of sharks :0

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments!

Adrian, I got a shock when I stepped off the plane back in Australia at night - going from 30+ degrees C (86 F) to 4 degrees C (39 F) was a bit of a rude welcome back... Big Grin

Pavel, apparently you can swim with the sharks there... although I wasn't game to try it out. Big Grin

marvelous! alas, one of the many fabulous places i'll never get to visit... i shall have to make do with photos like yours...

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Thanks... although you've got pretty spectacular scenery round your parts as well! Big Grin

Great photos, Jules.

My wants a purse size camera with a viewfinder that delivers good results, and I've been steering her towards the X10. Its nice to really see what it can do.

These look fantastic. They make me jealous, and I'm in the middle of my best month of the summer right now. That pool in particular is almost enough to make me think that swimming might be a fun thing to do. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks Rob and Matthew...

Rob, I find I've been using the viewfinder less and less though - because I find it too inconsistent in framing. Also, if there are multiple subjects in the frame you don't know which the AF has locked on, and run the risk of getting a sharp background and blurry subject.

I only use it in difficult situations in harsh sunlight, or if I feel like just capturing a quick snapshot.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pat
Mar 27, 2007, 15:41
Last Post by Toad
Apr 2, 2006, 12:45