Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Archival Life

Are the life of your digital prints important to you? Do they have to survive 100 years in sunlight? Big Grin

I was just thinking that these days, you can always print a fresh copy even if it fades, since you have the original on file. (Well assuming your HD and backups don't go bye bye). Plus, as time goes on, printing technology would get better anyway...

Hm... the only thing I can think of is that if you get a print from someone else, or you give a print to another person, you won't have the original (unless you ask for it)...

shuttertalk Wrote:the only thing I can think of is that if you get a print from someone else, or you give a print to another person, you won't have the original (unless you ask for it)...

...as was always the case - only difference is now you can get an original a lot easier - they don't have to give you the negative - you only need a copy of the file.

I don't think the longevity of prints is an issue like it used to be. Better ink and paper. The only bleached paper around would likely be old stock.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59