Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

just some daily walk snapshots

I'm not sure why, but some things, like graffiti and city life always amuse me..

[Image: 8d3015b0db5b75b9c68c994a22626d40-d4n9qol.jpg]

[Image: 2e3c739b4064df4de7c7a8e26b41d34b-d5fw92b.jpg]

Thank you for posting - I found the first photo very interesting to the eye for me personally. I also like the actual picture concept presented in the second photograph as well. Appreciate the share!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Love that film look. Nice job. JT

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thank you very much, Barbara and jericho Smile

Oh my gosh I LOVEEEE the graffiti!!!! And the lighting in the second photo is brilliant. Fantastic job on these. Thank you so much for sharing and let us glimpse a bit of your life.

Oh my gosh, I also like the photos Big Grin

(Oct 8, 2012, 16:33)BrandyMaeD Wrote:  Oh my gosh I LOVEEEE the graffiti!!!! And the lighting in the second photo is brilliant. Fantastic job on these. Thank you so much for sharing and let us glimpse a bit of your life.

(Oct 9, 2012, 11:15)vlad Wrote:  Oh my gosh, I also like the photos Big Grin

Well, thank you, both. I really appreciate your comments Shy

To be honest, second one was all about the lighting and the moment. Air was clean, sun was just where it should be, it all was just like my mood that day, but - there was nothing to photograph Big Grin Normally, that's very busy road, with horses on the sidewalk, cars on the road, kids watching horses, etc, but that day it was all empty, so I just had to go with the nearest object to catch the moment Dodgy

The composition for the first one is just brilliant, I love it!

The second shot reminds me of 'Marvin the paranoid android' We don't have those kind of water standpipe things in the UK.
For me there is too much sun in the shot, but everyone sees differently. If it wasn't backlit, I would not see Marvin. Big Grin
The graffiti shot is the better of the two.

Unfortunately I don't think graffiti of this sort (tags) does anything to improve the locale.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Oct 15, 2012, 08:51)NT73 Wrote:  The second shot reminds me of 'Marvin the paranoid android' We don't have those kind of water standpipe things in the UK.
For me there is too much sun in the shot, but everyone sees differently. If it wasn't backlit, I would not see Marvin. Big Grin

...and I was wondering if anyone would comment burned sky. You are totally right, there is way too much sun, but I couldn't avoid it (or just don't know how) and keep the rest of the photo the same. That's why it is a snapshot Smile

A different angle (pointing back from the other direction), or different time of day will solve that problem.
I was always taught to have the sun behind or to the side of you. Unless ...... you really wanted the sun in the shot. Big Grin

I will add to this ... I have cloned or painted in, reflected light from road surfaces/glass before, but it is quite a difficult process, but fun trying.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 1, 2017, 15:51