Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Closing of the London 2012 Olympics

Hi Folks I'm new to this forum, I work mainly front of stage at gigs and festivals. My biggest job was attending London 2012 closing ceremony as well as the Paralympics. I'm enclosing a few shots of the closing ceremony, just to try and put over the atmosphere of the night. Unfortunately the one thing the pics do not portray, is the deafening noise. The second point Is the size of the place, I'm used to working large arena's but this was something else. The third aspect of the night was trying to concentrate on specific subjects as there was so much going on all over the arena. anyway I hope you enjoy the pictures. I have reduced the size of the pictures so as they load quickly. These pictures have been sold commercially at a higher resolution. Cheers Brian.                    

I am sorry one of the pictures has not arrived complete sorry

[/quote]

You have captured what we were seeing on TV pretty well. I would imagine the lighting was rather difficult to say the least.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

The issue, in my opinion, is that you haven't surpassed (in quality, overall feeling, composition, subject) what we all saw on tv. These could as well be screenshots.
Sincerely,
Trying to be honest Smile

(Oct 28, 2012, 03:39)vlad Wrote:  The issue, in my opinion, is that you haven't surpassed (in quality, overall feeling, composition, subject) what we all saw on tv. These could as well be screenshots.
Sincerely,
Trying to be honest Smile

Perhaps the forum rules have changed under the new management, but criticism has traditionally been reserved for photos the critique forum, not the showcase. Maybe the new moderator can clarify ...

Quote:Perhaps the forum rules have changed under the new management, but criticism has traditionally been reserved for photos the critique forum, not the showcase. Maybe the new moderator can clarify ...

Rules at this point and time are the same - photo critiques should be kept within the Photo Critique section of the forums. Thank you!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I'll be more carefull about the sections. Smile

The pictures were not sent to be critiqued but just as a general interest to what I do for a living. As I said tbe quality was reduced to send the pics easily as the originals are huge files. These pictures were used by various newspapers and also Getty publications. I think In the future I will stick to sending in my landscapes rather than sending front of stage pictures as these pictures by their very nature are not photographicly perfect. Also they are open to members thinking that they may be screen grabs. I can assure members tbis is my real job and I have been working front of stage since 2003.At some point in the future I wil tell my story about how I entered this field of photography, its an interesting story in its own right Brian

I think these photos are just fine even if most of them seem a bit generic. Still they are sharp and have a good composition which is not true of most snapshots I've seen taken from the ceremonies. And I would very much like to know how you got into your business, these kind of stories are always interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by compasiune11
May 12, 2016, 06:28
Last Post by NT73
Oct 26, 2012, 11:45