Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Industrious Candyland

I just remembered that Lightroom lets you selectively color an image. And so I did. Crappy or not, here it is.

Attached Files Image(s)

The top black line bothers me a lot, it's like it's so distracting from all the colors and the atmosphere inside the frame. It would crop it just to see how it looks, right now it kinda ruins a perfectly good image, for me Smile

I agree about upper framing. Maybe it should be less. But I really like what you did with the color. It's a magic effect that justifies the title.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thank you both for your comments Smile

You're more than welcome, Vlad! Feel free to show us more of your color experiments Smile

Sure thing, moldoveanco!

(Dec 16, 2012, 07:05)vlad Wrote:  Sure thing, moldoveanco!

Haha, what? Big Grin

Also, way to make a great photo delicious!

Nice choice of subtle color editing in the main part of the image and I do agree with the others on the heavy border.

I haven't played with the editing in Lightroom at all, how about the rest of you? If you do, what kind of post processing do you do?

(Dec 17, 2012, 14:08)kNox Wrote:  
(Dec 16, 2012, 07:05)vlad Wrote:  Sure thing, moldoveanco!

Haha, what? Big Grin

Also, way to make a great photo delicious!

It's kind of a nickname, so to speak Smile

(Dec 17, 2012, 14:14)photokev Wrote:  I haven't played with the editing in Lightroom at all, how about the rest of you? If you do, what kind of post processing do you do?

Lightroom is great id you are looking for a quick way to batch edit or tweak the colors in a shot, works really well with both raw and .jpeg files(it can really fix a bad shot). I usually use it for concert/wedding shots, I cuts the editing time in half!

Anything that can cut your labor cost in half is a good thing!

I use capture one pro and it sounds like it has similar functionality. I did play with Aperture a few years ago and it seemed like a good tool also.