Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Abstract sky

This is part of my personal project on the abstract, graphic shapes that electrical lines make in the sky. There is something about these industrial lines bisecting the beautiful clouds in the sky that appeals to me.

Attached Files Image(s)

more lines shown in the negative mode.

Attached Files Image(s)

They do create very interesting lines! I also like how the first photo has such texture from the clouds!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I like the lines the wires create in the composition, it's a good catch, but if you actually are going for a more abstract feeling in the image I believe the bottom part has to go. It gives too much information to the viewer and actually distracts from the intersecting lines. I would revisit that place if I was you and I would try to compose the image again letting only the lines dictate the vectors of the picture.

I like the idea here. I do think the clouds could be more dramatic by darkening. Perhaps a black and white version would work.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

With respect. I think this improves the image. I used local tone mapping and converted to black and white. I also straightened the pole. I think the grainy look is acceptable in black and white.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Black and white is certainly another way to go and I am sure I have one in b & w kicking around somewhere. I like the look of the grain, it contributes to the overall sinister look of the image when done that way. Thanks for showing me your version.
Lori

(Dec 29, 2012, 14:56)Photopro Wrote:  Black and white is certainly another way to go and I am sure I have one in b & w kicking around somewhere. I like the look of the grain, it contributes to the overall sinister look of the image when done that way. Thanks for showing me your version.
Lori

Glad it's helpful.

WOW that's a lot of power lines.... Oh I can't help but say it, "Did you live under powerlines as a child?" There out of my system.

I like the first because I like seeing the blue change shade. The b&w is a bit eerie and cool too. Good job!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
May 14, 2007, 13:13