Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Riciu Village

A photo I took in a country side-village.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is an interesting photo - can you tell us a little more about it?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Dec 28, 2012, 10:03)Barbara G. Wrote:  This is an interesting photo - can you tell us a little more about it?

Thank you, Barbara!

This is a shot I took while in the Band village weekly fair. It was shot in the 24th of December, and there were quite few people at the fair. I think most of them were at home preparing for Christmas. Horse carts are still quite popular at the country side. These two were "parked", and I liked the feeling it provoked. Also seen is a part of the local cemetery and a monument built on the mayor's request Smile. One he must be very proud of for he listed it as an accomplishment when he ran for Parliament. He was walking around the fair, greeting people and bossing the fair administration. But that's a different story. Smile
Hope you like the picture. Critiques and comments welcomed.

Also, please open it in a new tab, the preview, though big, lacks the sharpness and detail I intended it to show. Thanks for watching, everyone!

That red cross surrounded by snow is something totally worth freezing. Any chance you have some close-ups?

I have a zoomed in version at 60mm efl (effective focal length).

And then there's also the original version, from which i cropped the first one. What's your favorite?

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the cropped version better. What a unique scene.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like cropped version better too.

The cross is really unique and eye catching and made to be the center of attention Smile

Indeed, the cropped version looks way better. I feel you really captured the uniqueness of the romanian village, so to speak - so full of odd and quirky details Smile

Beautiful photograph, I love how the carriages are parked there, it reminds me of my winters in the countryside Smile

I must say, though, that's one creepy looking statue!

I like the close up version a lot. Before I missed the details, like the fence. Makes me cold just looking at all that snow!

I vote for the cropped version too. It focuses you on the bleakness of it all without the distractions of the carts and car. Tighter is almost always better.

Thanks, Kev.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by matthew
Oct 18, 2008, 09:02