Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Broken down park bench

I saw this bench as being sad and lonely. I changed it to a B&W, but somehow, the leaves are making it too busy in my opinion.
This is the original:

And this is what I did with it:

Hm, the original is way better in my opinion. Changing it to black and white did make it look busier.

(Mar 7, 2013, 11:02)vlad Wrote:  Hm, the original is way better in my opinion. Changing it to black and white did make it look busier.

I agree with you, however, I was trying to achieve the look of an old photo. Maybe I can go back when the leaves are gone and it will look better in B&W then.
Thanks!!!

The crop is certainly a good idea to try to isolate the subject, but the tree trunk in the upper right is a distraction and is pulling the eye away from the subject bench. A slightly different POV would have been helpful. Perhaps you could selectively boost the contrast of the bench to make it pop against the similarly toned background of ground and leaves. It shows better against the background in the colour version.

Regards.....Dennis

(Mar 7, 2013, 22:30)enviroguy Wrote:  The crop is certainly a good idea to try to isolate the subject, but the tree trunk in the upper right is a distraction and is pulling the eye away from the subject bench. A slightly different POV would have been helpful. Perhaps you could selectively boost the contrast of the bench to make it pop against the similarly toned background of ground and leaves. It shows better against the background in the colour version.

Regards.....Dennis

Thank you!! Sounds like a great idea. I'm new at photography as well as learning how to Photoshop. I've seen a tutorial on how to selectively boost the contrast, but I haven't tried it. I have easy access to this bench and I'll go for another one and get the tree outta' there and make the bench pop against the leaves. Thanks again!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 25, 2016, 14:31