Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wedding Shot

This is a photo I took at a wedding of the bride let me know your thoughts on it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello,

More experienced members than I will come along and leave you feedback, but here are some thoughts.

To me, the chair in the first photo overtakes the bride. It also looks a little bit underexposed to me.

I really like the set up/idea in the second picture. I think I would create a third photo zooming in on the this setting providing a little more focus on the bride - since it is her BIG day!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Also in the second setting, the browns in the background complement the bride's skin tones. The colors in the chair do not seem to complement her color as well.

I believe the first image it's actually overexposed, not underexposed, look at the bride's dress, it's impossible to see any details. Also, the framing of this shot is off, you've cut her hands off and left a great deal of the chair in the upper part of the image - this distracts the viewers attention to the chair, as Barbara said. You should have framed the image so her hands appear in the shot, probably get her whole torso and a bit of the lower part of the dress.
As for the second image - it does look better than the first, but be careful with the flash, there's a hard shadow in her back that dissrupts the image. I believe you used the camera flash, but, for this kind of images you should use an external flash and point it to the ceiling, for example, to avoid such shadows.
Hope this helps, and please, don't think of it as hash critique, I would have been grateful if somebody pointed out the mistakes I was doing when I first started out, but I had to learn everything the hard way Smile

alessya - thank you for chiming in as I am on a learning curve to some degree. But, we are all here to learn and share with each other! Thanks so much!

No problem, Barbara, I'm always glad to help Smile

The first one, Bride appears to have a lump under her right armpit, cloneable.

2nd is a bit under exposed. Probably used the built in, or a flash on top of camera. If this is all you have, do not tilt the camera, using horizontal throws the flash tighter behind, and downward, minimizes shadow. Easy to crop to upright. Cropping closer to the Bride, will produce a "Panel" print. Wedding photography is demanding. Ed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Eddy Canon
Apr 24, 2016, 05:57
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 3, 2013, 07:30
Last Post by EdMak
Aug 1, 2013, 01:02