Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

couple of hdr pics at sunset

sure its not to everyones taste ..about 2 wks ago pier and headland nearby cornwall

Attached Files Image(s)

Very interesting! Where are these located, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for sharing!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(May 17, 2013, 11:26)Barbara G. Wrote:  Very interesting! Where are these located, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for sharing!
Place called teigmouth devon .. i was on the way to lands end and went to a few places so not absolutely sure but think thats correct.
pic was taken when pretty dim so cranked the iso's ... jim t

Amazing shot. Surely love those photos. What are your camera settings here? Any filters use or post processed workflow done? Thanks

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(May 17, 2013, 23:23)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Amazing shot. Surely love those photos. What are your camera settings here? Any filters use or post processed workflow done? Thanks
Sunsets taken a bit late. Partner wouldn't even get out of the car... it's 'too late' etc
Did it the lazy way with hdr in camera. Maybe works better using software but i'm no expert to know.
Shot with canon 5dm3 70-200zoom f6.3 1250 iso It is hdr so taken in burst of 3 shots auto, same aperture but speeds vary . Exposures were -2 0 +2 and produced an in camera jpg. Set the camera for low level of hdr called 'art vivid'.
No filter used. Focal lengths... Pier shot 135mm headland at 90mm

Not brilliant system for post processing. You're stuck with a jpg.
Used lightroom for basic adjustment then photoshop to blur some bits and reduce a some colour.
Hdr can produce over the top colours and detail in higher settings so i stay with lower hdr settings. I just blur parts that are over the top in sharpness so i don't get a migraine looking at it!
Don''t care if it isn't exact reality. I all for artistic style.

(May 18, 2013, 03:07)jim truscott Wrote:  
(May 17, 2013, 23:23)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Amazing shot. Surely love those photos. What are your camera settings here? Any filters use or post processed workflow done? Thanks
Sunsets taken a bit late. Partner wouldn't even get out of the car... it's 'too late' etc
Did it the lazy way with hdr in camera. Maybe works better using software but i'm no expert to know.
Shot with canon 5dm3 70-200zoom f6.3 1250 iso It is hdr so taken in burst of 3 shots auto, same aperture but speeds vary . Exposures were -2 0 +2 and produced an in camera jpg. Set the camera for low level of hdr called 'art vivid'.

Used lightroom for basic adjustment then photoshop to blur some bits and reduce a some colour.
Hdr can produce over the top colours and detail in higher settings so i stay with lower hdr settings. I just blur parts that are over the top in sharpness so i don't get a migraine looking at it!

Oh I see. Interesting how you capture it the way it goes like natural.

HDR in camera? meaning it has it's own editing on camera? Like Nikon with overlay on camera. Never had a chance to browse one on a canon 5dm3 about hdr.

Really love those cast of different colors setting it the way we see it in real life.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(May 19, 2013, 07:23)PhotoPlay Wrote:  
(May 18, 2013, 03:07)jim truscott Wrote:  

Oh I see. Interesting how you capture it the way it goes like natural.

HDR in camera? meaning it has it's own editing on camera? Like Nikon with overlay on camera. Never had a chance to browse one on a canon 5dm3 about hdr.

Really love those cast of different colors setting it the way we see it in real life.
The colors aren't natural and are always over emphasized with in camera hdr.
After selecting hdr type , i press shutter and it fires off how many frames i've set automatically.
I've used photoshop to de-saturate and blur bits of pic.
Just tried taking some hdr cave shots. They are usually contrasty.
Hdr seems to work well on those. Will post a couple alter if any good. jim t

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Dec 3, 2018, 22:00
Last Post by MrB
May 31, 2017, 14:45