Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

At the Beach

I took this one at the beach in Costineşti, Romania (Vlad will most likely recognize the area). I liked the contrast between the peaceful beach, the seagulls playing, and the old abandoned WWII fort. Smile Any critique welcome!

Attached Files Image(s)

I do like the scene. It appears by the sea line, you could adjust it some to make it a little more straight - although I am not an expert in critique - thanks for sharing with us! Love the shot like it is!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

It leads my eyes to two subject rather than one. Apply rule of thirds when an ocean is on the image and avoid too much subject on it since oceans are in a mood for never ending journey and something to look for. Cheers Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

This is a nice one.
Maybe a bit more space to the left side would've helped. The boat is really close to the edge. The composition you chose helps it give the same slightly awkward, slightly disturbing mood, just as your subway tram photo. Lovely blue. I like that you chose to use a narrow depth of field. I like the way the horizon blurs.

@Barbara: Thanks!

@PhotoPlay: gah, I keep forgetting about the rule of thirds! Next time I'll definitely force myself to!

@Vlad: I didn't actually go for "awkward and disturbing", haha. Just to the left of the boat there were some people and I didn't think they added to the photo. I'll try to take more photos next time and have some wiggle room afterwards Smile

Yeah, I think that was just my own interpretation Smile)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 5, 2018, 13:42
Last Post by EdMak
Mar 19, 2016, 11:20
Last Post by kNox
Dec 26, 2013, 13:17