Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Be honest, be kind

This was a candid shot from yesterday. DIL and grand daughter. No planning, just snapped it. I used Photoshop Elements 11 for post production. Basically asking critique of PP.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking forward to hearing some comments from the other members! Thank you for asking for some honest and kind critiques!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I can't see them. Is this a problem for everyone, or just me? I'm using an iPad, don't know if that helps...

An olympus E-500, and a lot of crazy ideas.
http://www.dailywanders.blogspot.com

I don't think the vignette helps, it's too obvious. Makes me feels like I'm looking through a keyhole.
Other than that, that's a nice tender moment you caught there.

(May 27, 2013, 14:44)Beckylouise Wrote:  I can't see them. Is this a problem for everyone, or just me? I'm using an iPad, don't know if that helps...

Maybe a setting on your iPad? I don't have one, so I am not sure. Does anyone else know about iPad and viewing photos online?

Is the second photo the original one? I like it most.

Becky - where you able to see the photos?

(May 30, 2013, 12:38)Barbara G. Wrote:  Becky - where you able to see the photos?

No Sad I tried on my laptop too Huh

An olympus E-500, and a lot of crazy ideas.
http://www.dailywanders.blogspot.com

Seeing you asked.... I'd crop it closer behind the girl to tighten things up. Also it is slightly out of focus (can correct in PP) as opposed to soft-focused. Nice candid picture though.

Yep the vignette added little distraction I guess maybe too much. Try to lessen it. Also try to lessen the space behind them if can't able to give more infront of them. Giving them space to breath/move kinda thing. B/W or with colors doesn't matter, mood of the subject turns the composition to a whole new level.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

I think I would have cropped it hard on the left and blurred out the background a little, rather than apply the vignette. Suggest next time you don’t go in so close; it gives you more opportunity to recompose. a bit more space to the right would help a great deal. I would have tried to take out the red mark under the child’s eye, but a lovely mother/daughter pose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by smarti77
Apr 30, 2006, 09:23