Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo History Project

I have been given an opportunity to provide a new local restaraunt with their wall hangings. The restaraunt has been given a historical name so the theam of this work is local historical buildings and sites. The owners request is that most of the pictures be presented in the photography style of the time. Since most of the sites are circa 1910 to 1920, the photos will be mostly Black & White or Sepia. The project will involve about 40 photographs.

I am going to call this thread "Zephyrhills History Project". Please follow along and feel free to comment. I added the feature af a small framed description telling the history of each exhibit.

There are some buildings just to nice to be B&W so I talked her into a few color displays.

Here is the first one. Dade City Fl. "Old City Court House". Looking forward to comments and suggestions.

This is the Framed description beneath..

Looking forward to feedback

Awesome! I love it and looking forward to seeing more!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

When it comes to historical landmarks I am a BIG fan Smile Awesome photo. Would second the motion Barabara said. Would love too see more.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Hi Jimbo,
I am also undertaking a photo research project but covering the town of King's Lynn, Norfolk UK and the period is 15th to 17th Century.
The town has a large number of original period buildings including two Guild Halls and a number of Hanseatic buildings.
I am taking out all modern items and even placing some buildings taken from one site to another to replicate sketches made at the time. To date I have started 5 images (see image manipulation under the critique forum for details.)
It would be interesting if we kept in touch and swap ideas.
NorfolkMike. Idea

The buildings are not straight, converging verticals, bigger the print, worse it will look. I would include more surround, crop a bit tight. Why did you use F4.5. Tripod and smaller aperture would have been my choice. Ed.

Hi Jimbo,
I am also undertaking a photo research project but covering the town of King's Lynn, Norfolk UK and the period is 15th to 17th Century.
The town has a large number of original period buildings including two Guild Halls and a number of Hanseatic buildings.
I am taking out all modern items and even placing some buildings taken from one site to another to replicate sketches made at the time. To date I have started 5 images (see image manipulation under the critique forum for details.)
It would be interesting if we kept in touch and swap ideas.
NorfolkMike. Idea
[/quote]

Sounds like you have a lot more interesting subject matter and more difficult undertaking. The only thing in my town that is as old as your structures is DIRT. lol.
I have completed my project with a total of 28 photographs. They all range in size from 5 x 7 to 18 x 24. I am now providing a few Flower and butterfly pictures for another section of the restaruant. Good luck with your project and I hope everything goes well. contact me anytimeSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MarkLant
Dec 11, 2017, 14:27