Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ballet act

Hope you don't mind the watermark.
[Image: _DSC0327_zps69b4e7da.jpg]

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Love the color contrast and the lovely smile! I would like to see a little more of the basket as it adds to the mood of the photo, personally.

May I ask where you took this picture, or a little more info about it?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Oh sorry. I forgot to put the settings. Used Nikon D700 with 70-200mm vr2. Current setting is 1/250, f2.8, ISO 200. Neutral picture settings, Shot in RAW, post processed white balance and sharpness.

This was shot in a theater in a Mall during a 12 days of christmas show last year. Backdrop is made with a paint seamless cloth. Very low budget but a very good play Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

Thanks PhotoPlay!

great quality image. I would have thought the lighting conditions were not helpful, so you have done really well. As Barbara, I would have liked to see a bit more of the basket, and leg, of course.

Thank you Barbara and Dean. Yeah I wish I had it all in the photo.

Only few came up ok in those hundred of photo from that ballet. Their movements are unpredictable most of the time. Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

I like the photo just the way it is. If there were any more of legs, or basket, it would be a different story and I'm not sure I'd like it as much as like it this way.

The only thing I would change is that light on her palm.

Preference of the individual wins. If you are shooting for a client, their desire may differ. This is when taking multiple shots will help you give the client what they want, maybe.

At least we all agree its a cracking shot

(Jul 4, 2013, 03:03)Korry Wrote:  I like the photo just the way it is. If there were any more of legs, or basket, it would be a different story and I'm not sure I'd like it as much as like it this way.

The only thing I would change is that light on her palm.

Good call Korry. Smile Didn't see that one on the palm. I Could have fixed that in PS.

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell