Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi guys below is one of my latest pictures. I like this but would like some honest criticism. I have not got photoshop yet so the only thing I have done to it is straightened slightly
Taken with canon 700d -18-135 STM

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello Pooky, There are few comments and I think this can be manage by doing it in photoshop. First is when creating leading lines almost every image I see is it leads the line from left to right (coz we are used to read and do most of stuff from left to right) not all but most of the time this works best. You can adjust in by flipping horizontally in the photoshop. Also the image needs a little more straightening. Probably you can use the first lamp post in the center as a guide since it is more pronounced than the other to affect the image. Other than that the overall image is Awesome. The mood where your composition leads is superb.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(Jul 28, 2013, 19:19)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Hello Pooky, There are few comments and I think this can be manage by doing it in photoshop. First is when creating leading lines almost every image I see is it leads the line from left to right (coz we are used to read and do most of stuff from left to right) not all but most of the time this works best. You can adjust in by flipping horizontally in the photoshop. Also the image needs a little more straightening. Probably you can use the first lamp post in the center as a guide since it is more pronounced than the other to affect the image. Other than that the overall image is Awesome. The mood where your composition leads is superb.
Thanks photoplay, your generous comments have been taken on board. I will straighten to 1st lamp post and I guess is is time I got photoshop. I have been looking into adobe Lightroom do you think this is ok to start with? Thanks again
PookyWinkWink

(Jul 29, 2013, 10:10)Pooky Wrote:  Thanks photoplay, your generous comments have been taken on board. I will straighten to 1st lamp post and I guess is is time I got photoshop. I have been looking into adobe Lightroom do you think this is ok to start with? Thanks again
PookyWinkWink

Honestly in my opinion and my kind of knowledge about editing with this type I will go definitely go first in lightroom. Lightroom is like a camera raw of your photoshop. You can go to photoshop later on if needed some extensive editing on your image. With your image I think lightroom is enough but still with your creative imagination about your composition who knows you've might come up to an extensive new level with this image. Post it here once you processed it Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell