Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Orchid

Hi
This photo was taken with a Canon 450d, F/5 1/1000, ISO 100 and 18-55mm@39mm.
Would love some critique on this - especially around focus and composition - thanks. SMG x

Attached Files Image(s)

interesting composition and good depth of field. I like the diagonal across the image. “Whites" are difficult to capture but you have made a good attempt. IMO it needs more detail in the flower and it would have been improved by taking fully against the green background, rather than half sky. Bit worried about the blurred “stick” that has got into the top right hand of the image and the fact that the right hand flower has been cropped too tightly. Again, IMO, it would have been improved by taking from a slightly different view point; moving over to the left and tilting to the right, so bringing the blooms in together and emphasising the stacking. I assume that you didn’t only take the 1 image, so lets see some more of them.

Crop hard in, if poss clone out the bud at bottom left, paint the background black. Ed.

I agree with Deans' constructive comments. Try to lessen some false subject in your image and direct your viewers to your real subject. I bet before you've taken this shot there was angle in bird eye view where we can see some background that is definite. Post it here SMG Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell