Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kingledoors, Tweesmuir. Scottish Borders.

Near Megget Reservoir, which supplies Edinburgh with water. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Is this image compose of 3 images? Clouds, Mountains, and the foreground with the grass.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Absolutely gorgeous.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks both.
I wish I was capable of combining 3 images!! Here is a Link to a different view taken within a day or two of the other.
http://www.4shared.com/photo/vIKPDs8U/Well.html
It's a 20Mb download. you will be able to enlarge, and look in detail. I was trained in the 50's, B & W. Colour, apart from transparencies, did not become popular until 70's. Any colour that was done, was done in Half Plate, 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches negative. Darkroom skills were essential. no Photoshop. I would not post a picture, that I could not have produced in the darkroom, in B&W terms. If I was capable of combining, it would then, to me, become a digital image. I would specify accordingly. Cheers. Ed.

Thanks for sharing with us! Nice view!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

lovely detail, Ed, but soft. Are you saying that this is straight from the camera? If not then, exactly, what have you done to get this effect?

(Aug 11, 2013, 02:31)EdMak Wrote:  Thanks both.
I wish I was capable of combining 3 images!! Here is a Link to a different view taken within a day or two of the other.
http://www.4shared.com/photo/vIKPDs8U/Well.html
It's a 20Mb download. you will be able to enlarge, and look in detail. I was trained in the 50's, B & W. Colour, apart from transparencies, did not become popular until 70's. Any colour that was done, was done in Half Plate, 4 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches negative. Darkroom skills were essential. no Photoshop. I would not post a picture, that I could not have produced in the darkroom, in B&W terms. If I was capable of combining, it would then, to me, become a digital image. I would specify accordingly. Cheers. Ed.

Just as I thought. This is one great advantage of having skills with Darkroom. You know what to do right from the moment you click on a 35mm film camera. I must say one AWESOME image here EdMark. Totaly love the image. I bet your house is full of large printed images you capture way back.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Firstly, this was taken March 2010!!, I was new to both Digital & P/shop. Definitely did not use RAW, PS4 does not support my Sony a290.
Would have opened jpg in Camera Raw, adjusted color temp, (Used to use a Kelvin Meter), to get to what I saw, It was sunny for March, I do recall, sure this has something to do with result. Then opened in P/s and went from there, definitely sharpened. Was impressed with the result. May have put the sky in, as I made 2/3 visits, within a week, and remember on one of then, I was impressed with the sky, but at 76, did not feel like climbing up the hill again. The railing you see surrounds a Scottish Water inspection chamber, there are 20 in total, 13 in Border region. David, son, works for engineering firm, who were asked to quote for upgrading them, Pics were a must. So, I was given a Harness, lowered into Chambers, water flowing under me, amazing it gets to Edinburgh, by gravity only. Took approx 100 in total, had 300/320 A3's printed, and, was well paid for it. Photoshop is still a bit of a mystery to me, paid about £100 for books, apparently written in Swahili. Still can't get used to be able, at no cost, to take multiple pics. Lot of words, but not really an answer Dean, again, to me, as seen.
As for house pictures, none, not one for hanging things on wall. When working, never kept a portfolio or the like. Sat down a few years ago, and tried to work out how many Weddings I had done, never kept score, I worked for the same family business for 51 years, and eventually came up with a figure, of, over 2000, but obviously not in the modern digital way. Had 24 plates to take a wedd, and produce a 20 page album, on occasions, gave them 25 pages!!!!. As for price, don't think we were ever over £100. Was at a wedd last year, Pics, £4000, yes, £4000, there were very few I would have put my name on. Rambling over. Regards. Ed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snaphappy
Oct 19, 2013, 11:48