Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 locks on a cloudy day

Hi peeps, me again Smile i was just ready a post from steve f a newby like me, and i thought i would post this pic of Foxton Locks, this is the local locks near to me. an amazing place with a lot of passing narrow boats etc. fun for all, it was a lovely warm day but grey skies,.... comments a advice warmly welcomed Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Obviously, needs a sky, is it as sharp as it could be?? Cheers. Ed.

Like the composition, especially the red post tops taking the eye through the image. Bit green for my liking. I think I might try cropping right down to lose the lack of detail in the sky, if you can’t put a “proper” sky in - blue with fluffy clouds!

You are right. This is a very interesting image. You could have cropped some of the sky, or at least made a border that would have held us in the photo.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

the image isnt as sharp as it could be... looking at it now yes i should of cropped the sky a bit. EdMak had sent me this link which i thought improved it a great deal and it was just what was needed Smile

http://www.4shared.com/photo/1UUjGU4U/DS..._aadj.html

so thanks again Ed :p

(Aug 27, 2013, 15:51)funkymunky Wrote:  Hi peeps, me again Smile i was just ready a post from steve f a newby like me, and i thought i would post this pic of Foxton Locks, this is the local locks near to me. an amazing place with a lot of passing narrow boats etc. fun for all, it was a lovely warm day but grey skies,.... comments a advice warmly welcomed Smile

Great shot it looks similar to the locks I saw in fort William in may.john

R Fort William, what a great place with some fab views... just wish i hand my camera at the time Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
May 4, 2011, 10:58