Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Out of Bounds attempt

This is an attempt at an Out of Bounds image. A lot of trial and error before I got to this one.

Comments are most appreciated. Probably need some help with this!

[Image: motorcycle6.jpg]

White-haired carriage drivers didn't get that old through luck!

hi ya liz fab photo, i am yet still to try sport photography, this is so clear and smooth.. Smile maybe try curving the edges of the bounds, to show some speed?!

(Sep 8, 2013, 13:39)funkymunky Wrote:  hi ya liz fab photo, i am yet still to try sport photography, this is so clear and smooth.. Smile maybe try curving the edges of the bounds, to show some speed?!

Sorry, funkymunky, but I not quite sure what you mean by the "edges of the bounds"?

Still got a heap to learn

Liz

What is out of bounds. Ed.

o sorry i meant maybe bending the edges (the boarder ) giving them a flo of speed?? kinda like a blur??!!! sorry but my choice of words is terrible lol

Need to get rid of the Blue & White frame, could then be blurred in P/S or similar. Ed.

Doesn’t really work for me, Liz, sorry. Lovely shot, which doesn’t much benefit by the out of bounds treatment (IMO). If you must, why not try having the bike and rider punching through the frame, rather than going behind it. Also think that dark blue is not the best colour for the background. Great shot though. Did you pan or use short shutter speed to capture the bike. Again, IMO, could do with a bit more motion blur for the background

(Sep 9, 2013, 06:08)Dean Wrote:  Doesn’t really work for me, Liz, sorry. Lovely shot, which doesn’t much benefit by the out of bounds treatment (IMO). If you must, why not try having the bike and rider punching through the frame, rather than going behind it. Also think that dark blue is not the best colour for the background. Great shot though. Did you pan or use short shutter speed to capture the bike. Again, IMO, could do with a bit more motion blur for the background

Thanks for the comments, Dean. Will give that suggestion a try with the photo. Don't know how to blur some of the photo and not all of it. Bound to be somewhere on the net where it's explained, so I'll keep digging.

As I explained before, this is not my photograph, but one supplied in a tutorial.

Thanks for the critique.

Liz

"this is not my photograph,” ahh, didn’t see that bit. As far as post production goes you could try creating another layer, adding some motion blur and then rubbing out the bits that you don’t want to be blurred. Not tried it myself but should work, in theory.

I think it's a neat experiment, very eye catching. You probably don't want to do it too often but it's a grabber as a one off.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

(Sep 9, 2013, 07:07)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  I think it's a neat experiment, very eye catching. You probably don't want to do it too often but it's a grabber as a one off.

Don, you're so right about not doing that technique too often. Too much work! Put about 8 hours into that experiment - and need to try it again to get it right Blush

Liz

It is a great picture for OOB. What is needed in my opinion is for the front tire, front of the bike, and the rider's head to be on top of the white border, not underneath it. You have them on top of the blue background and they should be on top where those pieces "pierce" the white frame also.

Great effort for a learning effort. Keep it up!

(Sep 10, 2013, 09:52)hotglassguy Wrote:  It is a great picture for OOB. What is needed in my opinion is for the front tire, front of the bike, and the rider's head to be on top of the white border, not underneath it. You have them on top of the blue background and they should be on top where those pieces "pierce" the white frame also.

Great effort for a learning effort. Keep it up!

I'm still working on it today, but afraid I need to know the difference between a raster layer and a vector layer to get much further with that image.

Thanks for looking, and the comments!

Liz

Liz, look here. Ed.

http://thebraintree.freehostia.com/layers.html

(Sep 10, 2013, 12:19)EdMak Wrote:  Liz, look here. Ed.

http://thebraintree.freehostia.com/layers.html

Good info there, Ed. Many thanks for that.

I have finished up another try at the OOB Motorcycle, and will post that later. It's 107*F here, too hot to think straight!

Thanks again for the help. BTW, still need to get that Gaussian blur into the image Huh

Liz

I agreed with them comments above. Also you might want to consider give space infront of your subject. giving ample space gives a sense of direction that you're subject have more room to go forward.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by leskent
Aug 17, 2015, 10:45
Last Post by photowalker
Dec 27, 2013, 12:35
Last Post by LizBarnes
Sep 8, 2013, 13:37