Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

flowernbee

been doing some expereminting, and want to get a feel if im going in too close, or should i open it some some

That is some messed up insect! Unfortunately it is so lagged up with pollen that you can’t see the detail. A shame as the image is well focused. Focus drops a bit to the right but no problem. There is no data attached to the file to tell me what set up you were using. Why do you think you were too close?

actually the bee had come from 2 other sunflowers and was spreading the pollen around and making the plants happy, i was just curious if people thought i was too close, as i love macro, and sometimes wish i could get closer

IMO, it depends upon what you are trying to achieve. If you want to show as much of the anatomical features of the insect, then go in as close as you can. If you want to show the insect, or whatever, more in its environment, then move away. I find that depth of field becomes more of a problem the closer I go. Its a good image and if it showed the bee as you wished it to be seen, then it was spot on.

Yeah I agree with above comments. and sometimes Macro really get the grip of an image if it is really close close. Giving too much detail a naked eye can't see from a far. Giving it a different perspective for an eye Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell