Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cell Phone Photography

I've noticed that there isn't a category for mobile phone photography on this forum so I decided to add this post to show some of my photos from my Droid Razor smartphone. I know the quality can't be compared to DSLRs but I like taking photos and I don't always have my Canon 60d with me. Maybe someone else here would like to post your cell phone photos as well?

Some great shots. Particularly like the glass balls. Have the images been processed in anyway?

Yes I have processed them. Some I processed with Gimp and the others with Photo Mate app. Thanks for the thumbs up. I have many more I'd like to post just to show that you don't always need to lug around your DSLR all the time. The photo with the two silos is a HDR photo and I then further processed it.

How many camera pixels. Impressive. I do think the first one, a bit over emphasized. Ed.

That’s HDR for you Ed.

(Sep 9, 2013, 14:54)EdMak Wrote:  How many camera pixels. Impressive. I do think the first one, a bit over emphasized. Ed.

My droid phone camera only has 8 megapixels thus not comparing to the quality of DSLRs, but that doesn't stop me from pulling out my phone and snapping a good shot when I see one. The first shot is HDR.

Eight megapixels is huge. I use my old 5 megapixel Olympus as my pocket camera all the time. I really like the last one, the band shell picture.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

(Sep 10, 2013, 08:41)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  Eight megapixels is huge. I use my old 5 megapixel Olympus as my pocket camera all the time. I really like the last one, the band shell picture.

8 megapixels isn't really that much anymore nowadays, especially since most people posting their photos here have cameras with 20 or more megapixels. I do notice the difference in quality compared to my Canon 60d but the point is you don't always have to have high quality to take good shots. I wish there were more photography forums that have categories devoted to cell phone photography such as this one. Does anyone know of any others?
By the way thanks for the thumbs up on my last shot.

The Canon 300D and 350D DSLRs only have an 8MB sensor. Size isn’t everything.

(Sep 10, 2013, 12:45)Dean Wrote:  The Canon 300D and 350D DSLRs only have an 8MB sensor. Size isn’t everything.

You've got a good point Dean. You're right, size isn't everything but you can only do so much with a cell phone camera. For instance you can't always adjust the shutter, aperture & ISO like you can a DSLR, but I still like using my cell phone camera.

I do really like how people use their talents in getting one awesome image no matter what they're using. I'm an old outdated guy when it come to phones. Maybe someday will post images taken using my phone Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Sep 17, 2017, 03:34
Last Post by MrB
May 7, 2017, 05:12