Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Leaving God’s own country

This is Brunel’s bridge across the Tamar. Viewed from the Cornwall side. It would have been nice to have taken an image without the car. Post processed using Nik PS plug in.

Another view from the English (Plymouth) bank. Post processed with a trial copy of Perfect Photo Suite.

Nice! We would love to see more and hear more about the area! Thanks for posting!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Easy to miss postings!
Try cloning out the Parking sign, and the green telephone box, the car is acceptable then, has possibilities.
As has the B&W. Straighten the bridge, and your cooking with gas, like it. Ed.

Yep the car is acceptable and would go for Ed's suggestions cloning those signs. Well done using those leading lines.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(Sep 21, 2013, 09:12)Dean Wrote:  This is Brunel’s bridge across the Tamar. Viewed from the Cornwall side. It would have been nice to have taken an image without the car. Post processed using Nik PS plug in.

Hi Dean,

Love this image. It takes me home. My grandparents are buried in St Stevens Church Cemetery in Saltash.

Regards.

Phil.

Thanks Phil.

The first image is very good, mainly because of the angle from which it has been shot, but the right hand side contributes nothing. Therefore, if it were mine, I would crop the image on the left hand side to a 4:3 ratio - starting a few pixels in, to remove that bit of tall structure on the left - and the crop would also remove the distracting sign on the right.

The B&W - I agree with Ed on straightening the bridge, and I do not like the border. The image might also benefit from being slightly darker and more contrasty. There is a dust spot in the clouds - just above the bridge middle left.

Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Eddy Canon
Apr 24, 2016, 05:42