Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Whadda you lookin' at?

I met this gentleman on a misty morning on Exmoor a couple of weeks ago.

(Oct 3, 2013, 08:35)KeithB Wrote:  I met this gentleman on a misty morning on Exmoor a couple of weeks ago.

Beautiful shot. It's a shame you couldn't do something with the sky. It looks so empty. Maybe a border would help to hold the eye into the photo.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hi Don,
Thanks for your comments, Unfortunately there was no sky! just mist, you can just see some brush through the mist and that's it. I'm not a huge fan of borders, would any one else care to comment?
Cheers
Keith

Replace the sky, clone out the post? Ed.

maybe crop out the sky, put the face of the beastie as the focus?

yeah I guess cropping can do better than your original. just give space in front of it Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Providing you have a large enough file size, I would crop out much of the sky and the right hand. Keep the signpost, that’s great. Then I would have brought up the contrast and added a vignette to lighten the edges. Bit like this. the downloaded file size was a bit small to do it any justice.    

Another take, first sky that came to hand. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Oct 3, 2013, 08:35)KeithB Wrote:  I met this gentleman on a misty morning on Exmoor a couple of weeks ago.

Nice pic, Keith. Hope you didn't have anything red on you Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Oct 14, 2012, 03:00
Last Post by Toad
Mar 22, 2007, 02:13