Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

autumn

and a couple of some autumn attempts.. let me know peeps Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

The first one is a bit over exposed but the second image has potential.

(Oct 6, 2013, 14:09)funkymunky Wrote:  and a couple of some autumn attempts.. let me know peeps Smile

The first is way overexposed. I guess you exposed for the darker area and washed out 2/3 of the image. Try tone mapping. The second looks good but it doesn't pop and it looks too much like summer.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Is this better? (forgive my intrusion)

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

As you know, Don, I don’t go so much for your extreme contrasts but it shows that there was a picture to be taken there. I am also not a great fan of show exposures to give fluffy water. Do you think that a faster shutter speed would have created a clearer reflection in the midground pool?

When I copied funkymunky's image to play with it, it got pretty noisy. I just used noise reduction on it. That's what makes it look all shiny. This is not my image. I was trying to make a suggestion.

I appreciate that, Don. The original image has very shiny water. My question was only to explore whether a slower shutter speed would have improved the reflection

I think user input caused over exposure. Here is my "Take" Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

yep, that looks better.

yep much better am sorry guys but i posted the wrong image, before i had finished it !! lol it was slightly over exposed to begin with so i cropped most of it out.. the shed is a fab place and i keep going back to it.. it was a lovely sunny day that day.. i will see what other images i have now we are getting more autumn colours..

I see where you are coming from, try editing, hue, colour temp, there is, to me, a pic to be had here, keep at it Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Grin 

Been a strange autumn here, with a definite lack of reds showing up in the maple trees, and very warm most of October. Was up to the Kawartha area here in Ontario for our Thanksgiving, last weekend, and was amazed to find a rose bush blooming in my daughter's garden. Sadly, past it's best, but surprisingly has a bud getting ready to open.

Wanted to share this close-up view for your comments and critiques. Exif info if that helps - Fuji FinePix S4300, no flash, focal length 12.1 mm, exposure time 1/110 s, aperture 4.4, f stop 4.6, ISO 800. Post done with Gimp 2.8.6 to unsharp the mask

Thanks for looking!

Liz

Attached Files Image(s)

White-haired carriage drivers didn't get that old through luck!

Much nicer shot than the one you posted on the other thread, Liz. Good depth of field. Even the bud, which is much closer to the camera, is reasonably sharp.

(Oct 19, 2013, 02:59)Dean Wrote:  Much nicer shot than the one you posted on the other thread, Liz. Good depth of field. Even the bud, which is much closer to the camera, is reasonably sharp.

Thanks, Dean - appreciate the critique. Had zoomed in on the bloom more with this one, still with the ISO800 setting.

Liz

White-haired carriage drivers didn't get that old through luck!

(Oct 7, 2013, 10:53)EdMak Wrote:  I think user input caused over exposure. Here is my "Take" Ed.
Yep, much better. I might have toned down the blue a touch. You've graciously neglected to mention that you cured the most obvious fault - levelling...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.”
Ansel Adams

Not only is the first over-exposed, the colour balance is also unnatural - too much yellow. I prefer something like this -

But my main point is that I don't really see "Autumn" in these shots - sorry.

Taken in supermarket car park, got 2 toots for being in the way. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Great capture. Very bold and striking. The DoF is perfect.

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.”
Ansel Adams

(Oct 18, 2013, 17:31)LizBarnes Wrote:  

Been a strange autumn here, with a definite lack of reds showing up in the maple trees, and very warm most of October. Was up to the Kawartha area here in Ontario for our Thanksgiving, last weekend, and was amazed to find a rose bush blooming in my daughter's garden. Sadly, past it's best, but surprisingly has a bud getting ready to open.

Wanted to share this close-up view for your comments and critiques. Exif info if that helps - Fuji FinePix S4300, no flash, focal length 12.1 mm, exposure time 1/110 s, aperture 4.4, f stop 4.6, ISO 800. Post done with Gimp 2.8.6 to unsharp the mask

Thanks for looking!

Liz

Could I gently suggest that, instead of tagging on to someone else's thread, you start your own with your images?

And, (taking in a slow breath), it's an 'unsharp mask'. Misnomer, since what it really does is sharpen the image.

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jackson Roy
Jun 10, 2020, 11:01
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 30, 2017, 10:35