Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

STITCH UP

PICTURES TODAY ARE OUR HISTORY TOMORROW. Finn

Great portrait. Maybe a little too centered.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Probably few twitch in photoshop giving a contrasty dark vintage look would be great. But somehow you got those emotions in his face that tells more of the story. Nice Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Nice image, If you had been closer it might have been a great image, too much clutter diluting the impact of the old guy's expression. I think the expanse of bright wall has caused your light meter to underexpose by a stop or so.

Happy Shooting people!

Regards
Keith

(Oct 19, 2013, 08:48)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  Great portrait. Maybe a little too centered.

Don you are probably right. But when street shooting there is always a lot going on. its shot and move on. thanks for your comment finn

(Oct 21, 2013, 07:26)KeithB Wrote:  Nice image, If you had been closer it might have been a great image, too much clutter diluting the impact of the old guy's expression. I think the expanse of bright wall has caused your light meter to underexpose by a stop or so.

keith. Fair comment have a look at the bottom of his trousers, then the shop sign. thats the shot i was after.

Fashionable?? Ed.

(Oct 20, 2013, 02:53)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Probably few twitch in photoshop giving a contrasty dark vintage look would be great. But somehow you got those emotions in his face that tells more of the story. Nice Smile

Hi Photolay. comment read, very seldom do i yours editing programs, will crop image now and then. only wish i head the patience. i envy you guys that turn your pics in to stunning images with editing.

(Oct 21, 2013, 12:59)EdMak Wrote:  Fashionable?? Ed.

Edmak. Fashionable you have seen nothing till you see how i dress.Tongue

(Oct 21, 2013, 13:03)finn Wrote:  
(Oct 20, 2013, 02:53)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Probably few twitch in photoshop giving a contrasty dark vintage look would be great. But somehow you got those emotions in his face that tells more of the story. Nice Smile

Hi Photolay. comment read, very seldom do i yours editing programs, will crop image now and then. only wish i head the patience. i envy you guys that turn your pics in to stunning images with editing.
I envy the guys that turn out a stunning image without editing!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Jun 30, 2017, 15:08
Last Post by nia
Sep 4, 2009, 05:30