Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Petrolheads

Say no more..

Oh man! I love those metallic thing in a car. Look like a transformer about to change to something Smile Is this your car?

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Very nice! I notice the steering is on the right side - what area/country is the car from?

Better yet, what kind of automobile is this? Would love to hear more!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hi Barbara,

Newbie, Phil J Here. Although unfortunately I'm nowhere near being anything like 'NEW'. To shed a little light on your questions about the car in that immaculate picture.

The Pagani Huayra (pronounced: wai-rah) is an Italian mid-engined sports car produced by Pagani. Succeeding the company's previous offering, the Zonda, it will cost £849,000 ($1,300,000). It is named after Huayra-tata, which means "God of the winds" in Quechua, the official language of the Inca Empire. The Huayra was named "The Hypercar of the Year 2012" by Top Gear magazine.

The Huayra uses a twin-turbo Mercedes-AMG 60° V-12 engine. The Huayra's 6.0-litre engine, the M158, produces 730 metric horsepower (720 bhp (539 kW)) and 1,000 N·m (740 lb·ft) of torque. Its top speed is about 231 mph (372 km/h) and it has a 0–60 miles per hour (0–97 km/h) time of 3.3 seconds. Using Pirelli tires, the Pagani Huayra is capable of withstanding 1.66 g of lateral acceleration at speeds of up to 230 mph (370 km/h).

The Pagani Huayra uses a seven-speed sequential gearbox and a single disc clutch. The choice not to use a dual-clutch in an oil bath was due to the increase in weight of over 70 kg (154 lb), negating the advantage of the faster gear changes in those transmissions. As a result, the entire transmission weighs 96 kg (212 lb).

The car is equipped with bespoke Brembo brake calipers, rotors and pads. The calipers have six pistons in front and four in the rear. The rotors are drilled carbon ceramic, 380 mm (15.0 in) in diameter and 34 mm (1.3 in) thick. There are also four independent flaps which can act as air brakes or produce downforce.

All quoted from Wikipedia, but no doubt accurate for all that. Oh, and yes, I'd love one!! Smile

(Nov 9, 2013, 14:44)Phil J Wrote:  Hi Barbara,

Newbie, Phil J Here. Although unfortunately I'm nowhere near being anything like 'NEW'. To shed a little light on your questions about the car in that immaculate picture.

The Pagani Huayra (pronounced: wai-rah) is an Italian mid-engined sports car produced by Pagani. Succeeding the company's previous offering, the Zonda, it will cost £849,000 ($1,300,000). It is named after Huayra-tata, which means "God of the winds" in Quechua, the official language of the Inca Empire. The Huayra was named "The Hypercar of the Year 2012" by Top Gear magazine.

The Huayra uses a twin-turbo Mercedes-AMG 60° V-12 engine. The Huayra's 6.0-litre engine, the M158, produces 730 metric horsepower (720 bhp (539 kW)) and 1,000 N·m (740 lb·ft) of torque. Its top speed is about 231 mph (372 km/h) and it has a 0–60 miles per hour (0–97 km/h) time of 3.3 seconds. Using Pirelli tires, the Pagani Huayra is capable of withstanding 1.66 g of lateral acceleration at speeds of up to 230 mph (370 km/h).

The Pagani Huayra uses a seven-speed sequential gearbox and a single disc clutch. The choice not to use a dual-clutch in an oil bath was due to the increase in weight of over 70 kg (154 lb), negating the advantage of the faster gear changes in those transmissions. As a result, the entire transmission weighs 96 kg (212 lb).

The car is equipped with bespoke Brembo brake calipers, rotors and pads. The calipers have six pistons in front and four in the rear. The rotors are drilled carbon ceramic, 380 mm (15.0 in) in diameter and 34 mm (1.3 in) thick. There are also four independent flaps which can act as air brakes or produce downforce.

All quoted from Wikipedia, but no doubt accurate for all that. Oh, and yes, I'd love one!! Smile

Will post up the rest of the car soon

(Nov 5, 2013, 20:00)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Oh man! I love those metallic thing in a car. Look like a transformer about to change to something Smile Is this your car?

I wish Smile

Guess the car??

(Nov 14, 2013, 10:27)alberm Wrote:  Guess the car??

its not this one..

(Nov 14, 2013, 11:47)alberm Wrote:  
(Nov 14, 2013, 10:27)alberm Wrote:  Guess the car??

its not this one..
Great shot. Well exposed and just the right amount of background panning blur.

Lola - T-70 SL70/1 Spyder MK2 by any chance?

REgards.

Phil.