Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Cars, Trucks, Hot Rods, & More

Kevin, this composition has captured the frenetic pit lane action very well.

There does seem to be quite a strong blue effect in the photo, so I think Ed's edit was in the right direction for colour, though perhaps a bit over-processed generally. If the clock in your camera is correct, the shot was taken at 16.47, so the sunlight would be quite warm (tonally) by then.

Although there will be some detail in the shadows, is it important to the photo? Lifting the shadows too much can give the image a hazy look, as it lowers the contrast. The shadows on the pit lane indicate that contrast should be quite high.

Perhaps you might consider cloning out that post in the foreground (bottom left) - it appears to add nothing to the picture, but it is a distracting element.

Cheers.
Philip

From a Pro point of view, more faces seen/recognised, greater chance of print sale. They are there, so why not be seen, shows how big the team is. If you feel inclined, a bit more contrast is easy added. If you want to clone, try one also cropped out, makes the Pic better, to me. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Well, here's the cloned out one...

Great Cloning Job. And, Cropped. Observations? Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Thanks. I cropped slightly differently:

[Image: pitstop_LR3b_small.jpg]

Think I prefer the cloned out version. The rubber tracks lead the eye into the shot.

(Jun 8, 2014, 13:17)KevinT Wrote:  Thanks. I cropped slightly differently:

Think I prefer the cloned out version. The rubber tracks lead the eye into the shot.

Agreed - it works well. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Got what you want, that's the idea. I would sharpen this one a bit. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Nikon D5100, 35mm prime.

Attached Files Image(s)

Interesting shot. Any particular reason you used the 35mm prime?
Joby

(Sep 1, 2014, 15:55)Joby135 Wrote:  Interesting shot. Any particular reason you used the 35mm prime?
Joby

Joby, I used it because it was the only lens I took! I thought it would be a nice exercise, but in retrospect I wish I had taken a mid-range zoom.

(Sep 1, 2014, 14:17)dwbooker Wrote:  Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Nikon D5100, 35mm prime.

Nice capture!!!!!!
Ron

(Sep 2, 2014, 04:48)Lateron Wrote:  
(Sep 1, 2014, 14:17)dwbooker Wrote:  Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Nikon D5100, 35mm prime.

Nice capture!!!!!!
Ron

Thank you, Ron!