• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest December 2013: Weather Patterns

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest December 2013: Weather Patterns

Category: Weather Patterns
Contest Begins: December 1st, 2013
Contest Ends: December 31st, 2013
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing weather patterns. This can include interesting views of stormy weather, weather changes, snow weather, foggy weather, or even the wonderful sunshine.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the past 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I would like to submit a couple of picture for the December contest please.
I took these in November this year at a place called Theddlethorpe on the East coast of the UK.

Graham Hilton

Attached Files Image(s)

my second entry to the December competition.
As I'm new to this I'm not certain how to post more than one pic at a time.

Graham Hilton

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi
I took these last month in Morocco.
regards
John

No 2& 3 of 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Edinburgh City Bypass. Nikon Coolpix compact, 1/80th@F2.8, 6mm ISO80 I was not driving. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Futility!! He did eventually move it about 5 feet, and really stuck. Ed

Through window. Dynax Maxuum, 1/100th@F8 35mm. ISO 400.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you for the contributions so far! You are also welcome to tell us more about your photos!

PS. That is a cigarette in his mouth!! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking from Buckpool in Moray towards Lossimouth with the old salmon bothy outlined on the left middle.

Techie Stuff.
Nikon D300.
F/8.
50th sec.
ISO 200.
18mm.
M/Mode - Pattern.
Exposure - Manual.
Support - Velbon VGB3.

(Dec 14, 2013, 10:37)EdMak Wrote:  PS. That is a cigarette in his mouth!! Ed.

Ed,

Maybe he thought it would raise the ambient temperature? Big Grin

Regards.

Phil.

Raised my son Dave's when he moved and stuck, he blocked our exit. Dave knocked at his door and told him he needed out, he was on call. When asked if he could help him, Dave gave him a shovel. Ed.

(Dec 7, 2013, 10:19)gbh46 Wrote:  my second entry to the December competition.
As I'm new to this I'm not certain how to post more than one pic at a time.
Graham Hilton

Hello members,

Congratulations to Graham for being chosen for the December ShutterTalk Contest Winner! (Second photo - man, dog, rainbow)

Thank you to each of you for your entries! We will enjoy seeing more entries in the contests to come!

thank you very much for choosing my picture Barbara, my first ever win in a competition.
best wishes
Graham
sent from my Nexus7.

(Jan 7, 2014, 08:25)gbh46 Wrote:  thank you very much for choosing my picture Barbara, my first ever win in a competition.
best wishes
Graham
sent from my Nexus7.

Well done GBHH, its a good one , nice cloud formations and color, I must try harder.
Jon
Angel

thanks Jon I was really lucky, my first ever win...pleased as punch...
We were away for a week in November when I took it.
(Jan 7, 2014, 10:50)john.mcintosh Wrote:  
(Jan 7, 2014, 08:25)gbh46 Wrote:  thank you very much for choosing my picture Barbara, my first ever win in a competition.
best wishes
Graham
sent from my Nexus7.

Well done GBHH, its a good one , nice cloud formations and color, I must try harder.
Jon
Angel

JUst had a proper look at your pic Jon and they really are superb, I think the only reason I won is because of the actual weather conditions, rainbow after heavy rainfall.
(Jan 7, 2014, 11:08)gbh46 Wrote:  thanks Jon I was really lucky, my first ever win...pleased as punch...
We were away for a week in November when I took it.
(Jan 7, 2014, 10:50)john.mcintosh Wrote:  
best wishes
Graham
sent from my Nexus7.

Jon
Angel

Well done Graham. Many congratulations.

Phil.

Excellent Graham, not to much Champagne!!! Congrats. Ed.

thanks Ed, you are very kind, however there were not that many entries so I feel very lucky....
(Jan 8, 2014, 09:47)EdMak Wrote:  Excellent Graham, not to much Champagne!!! Congrats. Ed.

thanks for the kind words Phil, you may get two replies to this as I tried first of all on my Nexus7 and there seemed to be a problem at the time.
(Jan 7, 2014, 17:37)Phil J Wrote:  Well done Graham. Many congratulations.

Phil.