Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Saying hello

Hello I'm Jeff from Malvern Hills, UK. I have been snapping for a year or so and enjoying my journey immensely despite one or two frustrations with kit wondering for instance if the colour calibration is correct. I have a Pentax K5-11 with a few Pentax lenses plus a Sigma 150-500mm as my special interest is birds and birds in flight. I had a great time a few weeks ago in Peru. The rain forest caused some condensation problems with filters and lenses. Not sure how to over come that. I got some pleasing shots of birds not least the Condors at Colca Canyon but wished I had faster focus and so forth. Looking forward to making progress with Shuttertalk! Regards all...jeff

Hello Freeman,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like there will be some great photos coming from you. Looking forward to seeing some of them

with regards
Snaphappy

Okey dokey, I will have a go at uploading something.....

Here's a snap of a Condor at Colca Canyon handheld using m Sigma 150-500mm lens....

Hello,

Welcome to the forums and nice to see your photo! Feel free to make yourself at home here by joining in on the conversations and asking questions.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Welcome to the forum, Freeman Smile

Thanks, Korry, I will offer a few snaps for a while so folks can see how far I have or haven't got, and then I would like to submit some questions. Here's a Heutzin I ran into on the Lagoon at Hacienda Concepcion near Puerto Maldonado. Snap was taken from a canoe on 150-500mm Sigma lens. What do you think?

(Apr 7, 2014, 14:44)snaphappy Wrote:  Hello Freeman,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like there will be some great photos coming from you. Looking forward to seeing some of them

with regards
Snaphappy

Hi Snaphappy I have added some snaps on the assignments pages - not sure if this is the right place for them but hope you like them. All the best...Freeman

(Apr 9, 2014, 15:48)Freeman Wrote:  Thanks, Korry, I will offer a few snaps for a while so folks can see how far I have or haven't got, and then I would like to submit some questions. Here's a Heutzin I ran into on the Lagoon at Hacienda Concepcion near Puerto Maldonado. Snap was taken from a canoe on 150-500mm Sigma lens. What do you think?
Looks good to me!!!!!

(Apr 12, 2014, 08:55)Lateron Wrote:  
(Apr 9, 2014, 15:48)Freeman Wrote:  Thanks, Korry, I will offer a few snaps for a while so folks can see how far I have or haven't got, and then I would like to submit some questions. Here's a Heutzin I ran into on the Lagoon at Hacienda Concepcion near Puerto Maldonado. Snap was taken from a canoe on 150-500mm Sigma lens. What do you think?
Looks good to me!!!!!

Hello Lateron and thanks for that! These jungle fowl Heutzin are real jokers in the jungle and here's another shot of one both for the fun of it and also for a serious question: the sky is blown out... in the rain forest the contrast between dark shade and scorching sky pose challenges but I found the humidity renders the use of filters near impossible. So if there are folks who can advise on that, please, I will be delighted. I aim to return ...one day....maybe soon...!!! Cheers!

Attached Files Image(s)

Talking of jungle jokers, here's another one!!! Both the jungle joker pictures here (the Hoatzin and the Red Howler) are taken hand held from a moving canoe with 150-500mm lens and heavily cropped.

Attached Files Image(s)