Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lovers' Bridge, Krakow

http://500px.com/photo/72352415/

I messed around with some post-processing for this one.

Hello,

It says page not found when I clicked the link. Just wanted to let you know.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I don't know why, but the photo seemed to be faulty somehow. I re-uploaded it here:

http://500px.com/photo/72359691/

Thank you - that is an interesting thing leaving "lovers locks."

Thanks for sharing with us!

(Jun 1, 2014, 14:17)Barbara G. Wrote:  Thank you - that is an interesting thing leaving "lovers locks."

So.... we are allowed to advertise sale of our photos here on this forum??Exclamation

Very cool shot! Great job!

(Jun 1, 2014, 16:53)Pegger3D Wrote:  
(Jun 1, 2014, 14:17)Barbara G. Wrote:  Thank you - that is an interesting thing leaving "lovers locks."

So.... we are allowed to advertise sale of our photos here on this forum??Exclamation

Photo related links are okay as long as they are family friendly and as long as the posts with links are not considered spamming the forums. There is a fine line with this which we watch carefully.

kNox has been a member here on the forums for a long time. He is just posting a link for us to take a look at the photo, not necessarily to buy the photo.

If you have more questions, please let me know and I will do my best to clarify.

We do prefer to have photos posted here in the forums, but for some reason the forum software will not link with the 500px site - it is not compatible for some reason. It is probably the way the 500px site is set up - to protect the author's images on the site.

Thank you for asking and please let us know if you have more questions.

(Jun 2, 2014, 07:58)Barbara G. Wrote:  
(Jun 1, 2014, 16:53)Pegger3D Wrote:  

Photo related links are okay as long as they are family friendly and as long as the posts with links are not considered spamming the forums. There is a fine line with this which we watch carefully.

kNox has been a member here on the forums for a long time. He is just posting a link for us to take a look at the photo, not necessarily to buy the photo.

If you have more questions, please let me know and I will do my best to clarify.

We do prefer to have photos posted here in the forums, but for some reason the forum software will not link with the 500px site - it is not compatible for some reason. It is probably the way the 500px site is set up - to protect the author's images on the site.

Thank you for asking and please let us know if you have more questions.
I am not sure that you answered the question.

Regardless of how long the person is a member, IMO, the same privileges should be extended to all members.

If the member shot the photo, he/she should have a copy of it on their hard drive to show members. I could tag any pics with a Copyright and 'SAMPLE' if I wanted to save the integrity.

I will attach one.

IMO anything else is promotion if the link goes to a site that sells photos.Exclamation

My 2 cents.

@Pegger: I agree with you, and in the future I will try to post the original photos.

The reason I usually post from 500px is that my photos are backed up on an external hard drive, and I don't always have access to that. Most of the times, I browse the forum while commuting, or from my work laptop. Plus, having the details on 500px feels convenient to me.

Regarding advertising sales, I only recently saw that 500px activated that on my profile. I'm not a professional photographer, by far - I never sold a photo and I don't even hope or plan to do so. I just post on 500px out of convenience.

Nevertheless, I will avoid posting from 500px in the future. Message received Smile

Nice polite reply. Ed.

To each his own!

Quote:

"IMO anything else is promotion if the link goes to a site that sells photos.Exclamation

My 2 cents."

I do my best not to show favoritism toward one person over another. It is not ethically sound to do so even if I wanted to. I have not banned other members from posting links for that particular site.

Family friendly links to other photo related materials/sites online are not an issue. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Learning about photography also involves discussing products which help the photographer. So, we allow links to other sites showing equipment items which are for sale. The members may provide examples of items they have bought for their gear and how it works for them. It does not necessarily mean they are linking to the site just for promotion for the company. Banning all links to all sites which sell products or services is not possible.

It is also one thing to be an active member on this site, participating in the discussions and linking to another photo site. It is another thing if someone gets on and posts, posts, posts only links to a specific site to gain traffic as the sole purpose.

There are different motives which are taken into account when viewing each situation. Some are here to learn and share photography; some come to the site for spamming purposes only.

Please let us know if you need further clarification on the matter. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 16, 2017, 05:54
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 13, 2017, 01:40