Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest September 2014: Your Best Photo

This young brown bear reminds me that we should all stop and smell the roses. I can't help but smile every time I look at this picture. Waterton Lakes Park, Alberta, Canada. ISO 250; f/6.3; 1/500.

This was taken two weeks ago in Weardale in the North Pennines. I was in search of Autumn colour but, as you can see, it was all still quite green. The weather was overcast, which I think proved helpful in the absence of an ND filter. It was shot on a Nikon D700 at ISO 200, 24mm, f13, 0.4 secs.

First of all, thank you to all those who added to the September contest thread! There were some really nice entries which were submitted!

Congratulations to davemcdade (post #20)! This entry was selected as the August contest winner!

We look forward to seeing more entries of your recent photo shots in the October Photography Contest thread!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Congratulations davemcdade. A really lovely photo and a worthy winner

Regards
Snaphappy

Well done Dave, sorry for delay, Computer problems. Ed.

To each his own!

(Sep 17, 2014, 15:24)Paul I Wrote:  I took this on September 30th 2014 at BMO field in Toronto. The Toronto FC vs the Philadelphia Union. Shot with a Sony A7, F4, 1/1000th of a second, lens was a 70-200 f4 G lens
Love this

(Sep 26, 2014, 22:31)terrivid Wrote:  This young brown bear reminds me that we should all stop and smell the roses. I can't help but smile every time I look at this picture. Waterton Lakes Park, Alberta, Canada. ISO 250; f/6.3; 1/500.

Great shot