Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Nikon D750, Best "entry level" Full-frame?

Hi everyone

The news from Nikon is that the D750 is the smallest dslr full-frame body ever build.
What do you thing about this early Christmas present?
I'm now thinking about upgrade my D7000 to a D800, maybe I should wait till November...

(Sep 15, 2014, 10:30)Daniel_Champion Wrote:  Hi everyone

The news from Nikon is that the D750 is the smallest dslr full-frame body ever build.
I'm now thinking about upgrade my D7000 to a D800, maybe I should wait till November...

I just upgraded from a D300s to a D810 and have no regrets even seeing the new D750. I'm sure it is a good camera and incorporates many of the features of the D810. That said, the D810 is a professional level camera with great build quality and pro-level features, not to mention a fabulous 36 Mega pixel sensor. But then there is the $1000 difference in price to consider. The only thing I would say is to remember that with either camera you're going to want (not just need) the best lenses that fit the full frame format and they are, by and large, not cheap.

(Sep 18, 2014, 12:12)GGoss Wrote:  
(Sep 15, 2014, 10:30)Daniel_Champion Wrote:  Hi everyone

I just upgraded from a D300s to a D810 and have no regrets even seeing the new D750. I'm sure it is a good camera and incorporates many of the features of the D810. That said, the D810 is a professional level camera with great build quality and pro-level features, not to mention a fabulous 36 Mega pixel sensor. But then there is the $1000 difference in price to consider. The only thing I would say is to remember that with either camera you're going to want (not just need) the best lenses that fit the full frame format and they are, by and large, not cheap.

I agree. I upgraded from a D7000 to a D810 and am very happy with it. Would suggest D750 over a D800. I believe in buying the best camera that suits your budget, so it's a matter of whether the difference in features and performance is worth the extra money to you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00