Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

emails

Hi everyone

I dont know if I have clicked on something I shouldn't have, but I have not received any new threads from shuttertalk since 28 September. This seems to be a long while as I was getting 2-3 a week. Also how often should I receive an email newletter as my last one was 2 October.

I look forward to anything from shuttertalk and would be grateful if anyone can tell me if I have missed anything. I won the August competition and do not seem to have received much since then, including any threads from new people. Please help

With best wishes
Snaphappy

Log out, and Log in again. Ed.

To each his own!

Hello,

I will check with the admin to see how often the newsletter is sent out. On another one of our sites, it is sent out weekly but that site is very, very busy in new posts/threads. The newsletter generator is a separate software program from what I understand. I will get back with you!

Also, if you will look at the bottom of the forum page while you are logged in. You will see a link for Today's Digest and Previous Digest. But, I will check with the admin to make sure adjustments do not need to be made on the newsletter program.

Thanks!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Oct 18, 2014, 07:15)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello,

I will check with the admin to see how often the newsletter is sent out. On another one of our sites, it is sent out weekly but that site is very, very busy in new posts/threads. The newsletter generator is a separate software program from what I understand. I will get back with you!

Also, if you will look at the bottom of the forum page while you are logged in. You will see a link for Today's Digest and Previous Digest. But, I will check with the admin to make sure adjustments do not need to be made on the newsletter program.

Thanks!

Thank you Barbara.

Also I did not get an email notification telling me you had answered my thread. I only saw that you had replied by going through shuttertalk webpage and logging in.
Hope we can sort this out
with regards
Jane

(Oct 18, 2014, 10:11)snaphappy Wrote:  

Thank you Barbara.

Also I did not get an email notification telling me you had answered my thread. I only saw that you had replied by going through shuttertalk webpage and logging in.
with regards
Jane

For one, I should have quoted you in my response. Let me know if this quote sends you a message of an update. Also, when you post a reply look under the reply box, and you will see an option to "subscribe and receive email notifications of new replies." This may be helpful for you as well. I am not sure if selecting this on one thread will provide you with notifications on all threads though.

(Oct 19, 2014, 17:19)Barbara G. Wrote:  
(Oct 18, 2014, 10:11)snaphappy Wrote:  

Thank you Barbara.

with regards
Jane

For one, I should have quoted you in my response. Let me know if this quote sends you a message of an update. Also, when you post a reply look under the reply box, and you will see an option to "subscribe and receive email notifications of new replies." This may be helpful for you as well. I am not sure if selecting this on one thread will provide you with notifications on all threads though.
Hello again Barbara

I did not receive a message of an update even though it is already selected at the bottom of the page. I have posted a few replies to threads these last few days and have not received anything from anyone. As this is not working I am wondering if somehow I have become unregistered as it says registered users only.

Thanks
Jane

Log out, and Log in? Ed.

To each his own!

Jane,

I will let the admin know, so he can check into the forum settings as well. Thank you.

Hello again - just checked my emails and had one from the admin on this. The newsletters are supposed to be going out three times a week for this site. Here are his suggestions:

1. Check email spam folder to make sure newsletters are not in this folder (you may have already done this)

2. Sign up for the newsletter again if the system will allow you (http://www.shuttertalk.com/newsletterdiylight.html)

3. If needed, I can send him the email address you signed up for the newsletter and he can check to see if you are listed in the newsletter list. (You can private message me email address if needed)

I will also send him a message stated above. Thanks!

(Oct 20, 2014, 02:32)EdMak Wrote:  Log out, and Log in? Ed.

Hi Ed
I have tried logging out and then in again. Its makes no difference I still do not receive any notifications or newsletters. I only know you replied by going through the shuttertalk website. Really dont know what to do.

Regards
Jane

Delete all your cookies. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks Ed on this suggestion. I do this from time to time when having problems loading pages, but did not really think about it for notifications. Appreciate it.

Use System Restore, to go back to a date when you know it worked, can be undone if necessary. Ed.

To each his own!

(Oct 21, 2014, 09:42)EdMak Wrote:  Use System Restore, to go back to a date when you know it worked, can be undone if necessary. Ed.

Hello Ed

Thank you for your suggestions. If I do system restore would I lose any of my photos, videos etc. I have a lot of them and although most are backed up, not all of them - this is something I have been meaning to do. I am not very computer literate so don't really know much about this sort of thing. Also would I lose any online subscriptions I have paid into please.

Kid regards
Jane

(Oct 21, 2014, 12:21)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Oct 21, 2014, 09:42)EdMak Wrote:  Use System Restore, to go back to a date when you know it worked, can be undone if necessary. Ed.

Hello Ed

Thank you for your suggestions. If I do system restore would I lose any of my photos, videos etc. I have a lot of them and although most are backed up, not all of them - this is something I have been meaning to do. I am not very computer literate so don't really know much about this sort of thing. Also would I lose any online subscriptions I have paid into please.

Kid regards
Jane

Sorry that should have read kind regards. Also would system restore affect anything in ebay as I have a few things buying and selling at the moment. Sorry to be a nuisance but any info is gratefully received. Thank you.

No nuisance, at all. All you would loose is any installed programmes, if installed after the date you restore to. But, there is a facility to, Undo my Llast Restore, taking you back to where you are now. Or, set a Restore point, for "Today", and you can use this to get back. Google System Restore, for the version of Windows you use, and you will find plenty help/videos. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

(Oct 21, 2014, 12:44)EdMak Wrote:  No nuisance, at all. All you would loose is any installed programmes, if installed after the date you restore to. But, there is a facility to, Undo my Llast Restore, taking you back to where you are now. Or, set a Restore point, for "Today", and you can use this to get back. Google System Restore, for the version of Windows you use, and you will find plenty help/videos. Cheers. Ed.

Hello Ed

Thank you for your help. I have been out of internet range this last week so have been unable to reply to you. I will try the system restore, although it says I can only go back to 2 October and my last thread email was 28 September so dont know if it will work. I will let you know. Thank you again for your help

With regards
Jane

(Oct 27, 2014, 04:17)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Oct 21, 2014, 12:44)EdMak Wrote:  No nuisance, at all. All you would loose is any installed programmes, if installed after the date you restore to. But, there is a facility to, Undo my Llast Restore, taking you back to where you are now. Or, set a Restore point, for "Today", and you can use this to get back. Google System Restore, for the version of Windows you use, and you will find plenty help/videos. Cheers. Ed.

Hello Ed

Thank you for your help. I have been out of internet range this last week so have been unable to reply to you. I will try the system restore, although it says I can only go back to 2 October and my last thread email was 28 September so dont know if it will work. I will let you know. Thank you again for your help

With regards
Jane

Hello Ed

I have finally received a newsletter and a reply notification to a thread Smile I did system restore but that didn't work so I did a full scan with my norton security and did every scan I could to clear things up. Today I received a notification (the first one for a month) so hopefully things are back to normal. Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions.

Regards Jane

Do I post pics direct or through an Image host site. i.e. Photobucket or similar

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Either. I prefer direct, but, as you wish. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks. Sorry I hi-jacked this thread. I thought I was opening a new one. Blush

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.