Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lunch

No comment!

Attached Files Image(s)

Almost!! Super. Ed.

To each his own!

(Nov 24, 2014, 16:21)Freeman Wrote:  No comment!

Hi Freeman

Love this picture, what a great shot.

Regards Snaphappy

Thanks so much for the encouragement, both! Looking at it again, I suspect that the editing could be improved and wondered if Ed et al would like to wave a magic wand over the shot? By the way, the lion missed catching that flying joint thrown by the keeper and it landed on the ground right in front of him. Regards. Jeff

By the way, the lion missed catching that flying joint thrown by the keeper and it landed on the ground right in front of him. Regards. Jeff

A cracker Jeff!!!! Ed.

To each his own!

(Dec 2, 2014, 12:58)Freeman Wrote:  Thanks so much for the encouragement, both! Looking at it again, I suspect that the editing could be improved and wondered if Ed et al would like to wave a magic wand over the shot? By the way, the lion missed catching that flying joint thrown by the keeper and it landed on the ground right in front of him. Regards. Jeff

Hi Jeff, I think you are right in that the editing is a little suspect. Without the information on the original its difficult to do very much. I have created an image which is "different" and would be happy to share it if you would permit it?
Good capture though... Smile
Kind regards
Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Hi Jeff, I think you are right in that the editing is a little suspect. Without the information on the original its difficult to do very much. I have created an image which is "different" and would be happy to share it if you would permit it?
Kind regards
Rolf
[/quote]

Yes, please do!...Jeff

(Dec 2, 2014, 14:00)Freeman Wrote:  Hi Jeff, I think you are right in that the editing is a little suspect. Without the information on the original its difficult to do very much. I have created an image which is "different" and would be happy to share it if you would permit it?
Kind regards
Rolf

Yes, please do!...Jeff

[/quote]

As I said... a different take as I really couldn't do much to loose the extreme orange which looked a little unnatural - to me at least... so I thought it had the potential to become an "image" that may or may not appeal . I am not much of a manipulator so there may be others here with greater expertise than I who may well be able to do better and I bow to that skill. Kind regards Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

?????? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Dec 2, 2014, 14:40)EdMak Wrote:  ?????? Ed.
Nice Ed... I still can't reconcile the blue bits on the paw pad or the greenish tinge to the belly... I like that you have blurred out the background and toned the orange down. Do you use PS or LR? Kind regards Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Ed - your version is much more natural and closer I think to what I saw, than my unsophisticated edit, though yours is a little paler perhaps. Million thanks. Your stuff is a lesson-a-time, which is surely a part of what the forum is about.

Rolf - This is staggering - I just love it! Dynamic with dignity!

Both will go on my photo website unless you object....

Cheers! Jeff

I don't see the green bit, easily remedied, but my eyes are not as they used to be!!
Working on a 15" Laptop, does not help.
Working from a 218Kb. File, is not perhaps what P/S intended?
Also I think that working from an already edited File, can be a bit misleading, could be wrong.
I use CS4E, but am no expert.
Regards. Ed.

To each his own!

Figured out how to get rid of the green tinge!! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Dec 2, 2014, 15:40)EdMak Wrote:  I don't see the green bit, easily remedied, but my eyes are not as they used to be!!
Working on a 15" Laptop, does not help.
Working from a 218Kb. File, is not perhaps what P/S intended?
Also I think that working from an already edited File, can be a bit misleading, could be wrong.
I use CS4E, but am no expert.
Regards. Ed.

LOL!! Thanks Ed. I did think that there had been a smidgen of post applied... yes it is can be very misleading and not a little frustrating to work from a less than complete file so I thought I would exaggerate the colours and have them stand out on a B&W background with a vignette biased to the whites. I suppose I am fortunate with a 24" monitor calibrated with Spyder4... a great compensation when it comes to the inability to accept the council of years... Smile I use Light Room 5.7 btw. I do still have an old copy of PS vCS3 but really am no expert in either. However, all that aside, our opinions matter little ... it is after all with Jeff's permission, his image we are playing with.
Kind regards
Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Dec 2, 2014, 15:35)Freeman Wrote:  Ed - your version is much more natural and closer I think to what I saw, than my unsophisticated edit, though yours is a little paler perhaps. Million thanks. Your stuff is a lesson-a-time, which is surely a part of what the forum is about.

Rolf - This is staggering - I just love it! Dynamic with dignity!

Both will go on my photo website unless you object....

Cheers! Jeff
Thank you for being so generous with your image Jeff. It is yours to do with as you will of course. I am glad that you found it interesting though.
Kind regards
Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

The green is sometimes changed by the yellow in PS, if you follow my meaning..

The shot is a great capture.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi guys It's excellent watching what you have managed to do with this shot. I am keen to progress with processing through 2015 and I am shortly going to look at Morganti's tutorials, as I think Rolf suggested....

Rolf, I must say the lion looks really mean in your version now you have taken his dinner away! Perhaps that's why!

Interestingly, I always thought the key to the picture was the flying meat and I did not see until you saw it, that without the meat the picture is arguably rather better.

Cheers and have a great weekend shooting lions and so forth.

Jeff

PS Here' another horrific picture from the same spot...feel free to extemporise!

Attached Files Image(s)

Ugh!! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Jeff, I see what you mean, no meat!! Never thought of that. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Yes! Fantastic!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Apr 30, 2016, 04:56
Last Post by Banded Drake
Jul 4, 2005, 12:26