Transport

A few old bangers.

[Image: IMG_3024.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3025.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3035.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3036.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3047.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very interesting series!

I agree with Jeff - these are interesting photos. They are perhaps slightly over-exposed, but for me it only really matters for the last one - probably about 1 stop over, giving the skin tones a rather too pale appearance. It would be easy to rectify, using mainly the simple controls available in all imaging software - brightness, contrast and colour. As an example -

Just my opinions, of course. Smile
Cheers.
Philip

I use an 24" iMac and as far as I can see the skin tones are as I saw them that day.
I do have the brightness turned down on the iMac, so possibly yes. They may be.
Remember though it is winter in the UK and today (for instance the temperature is 3C)
So the summer tans quickly fade. Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Which is yours, NT? Cheers, Jeff

(Dec 15, 2014, 15:26)Freeman Wrote:  Which is yours, NT? Cheers, Jeff

The one behind me taking shots of the old guys. Tongue Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

Unfortunately, I recall them!! good captures, liked the Instrument Panel, again recall the capability to open the windscreen.
Agree with Philip, it shows particularly on the women wearing the hat, behind.
My take, not posted, was even tighter than Philips.
Did you do any post processing. Ed.

To each his own!

NT - my first car had a split windscreen...Jeff

No PP EdMak.

I still say Phillip's edit gives both the old ladies a suntan from three weeks in the canaries.
My wife took some on the ZX200. I will see how hers look, and post if I can.

Jeff, my first car was a Austin or Morris. Bigger than the 7. Might be an 8 or 10. Sun roof, fold up windows, running boards. Starting handle.

Lumix LX5.

(Dec 16, 2014, 20:42)NT73 Wrote:  No PP EdMak.

I still say Phillip's edit gives both the old ladies a suntan from three weeks in the canaries.
My wife took some on the ZX200. I will see how hers look, and post if I can.

Jeff, my first car was a Austin or Morris. Bigger than the 7. Might be an 8 or 10. Sun roof, fold up windows, running boards. Starting handle.
Luxury model then Jeff!
Mark

(Dec 16, 2014, 20:42)NT73 Wrote:  I still say Phillip's edit gives both the old ladies a suntan from three weeks in the canaries.

(Dec 13, 2014, 05:56)NT73 Wrote:  I do have the brightness turned down on the iMac

Then the conclusion would seem to be that the iMac monitor is incorrectly set! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Or your monitor/ PC, Philip.
Or just maybe your profiles are different to mine. Smile

Lumix LX5.

What is your profile set to? Ed.

To each his own!

It is doubtful that profiles are relevant here, as there is a simple tonal mismatch within this group of photos. The skin tones of the people in #1, #3, and #4 look natural (and healthy!) to me. All the people in #5 are quite pale by comparison, which is why I would guess that photo is over-exposed by about 1 stop.

However, as I wrote in Post #3 - just my opinions, of course, (although based on the observable evidence). And sometimes we will just disagree. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

It's not your mother is it? Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post