Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

thinking over icecream

I think I may have got a bit carried away burning the background away Smile so theres a glow around his head...
[Image: icecream.jpg]

Hi Adam

uuhmmm I like th tone.... what is he lookin at? is there a famous Autralian fly on the counter?...joke

As you said you have done overboard with the background, could have been better with diffusing it. less depth of field.

Regards

Christian

It was to try to make it look like he was thinking - staring into nowhere Smile
I'll have another try at doing the background later,
The depth of field was already rather shallow, but the blurred heads behind him I think were a bit distracting, so I burnt them! Tongue and burnt and burnt and burnt until it became black!
Will try again Smile

Adam

Could you please post the original to see what look like? please. It may just look good enought?!

Thanks

Regards

Christian

I like what you have done here. You are right that there is some fringing on the hair, but I like the pose and the intent of this shot. Well done.

I tried blurring the background by these steps:
Copy layer
Use 'lens blur' filter
Add layer mask
Then drawing on the layer mask the parts I wanted blurred.
but its still hard around the edges,
here's the result of blurring the background:
[Image: icecream2.jpg]

And here's the original,
I think the most distracting thing would be the blue bottle
[Image: original_icecream.jpg]

feel free to play with the original Smile

Hi Adam

uuhmmm I think is the actual white shirt and light, before toning. But I think could be better if the dude was given a biiig smile, looking straight to the camera, enjoying the ice cream.

with photoshop try selecting just what you want, this is just a biiig pix and needs only a very biiig selection to work with.

Will try to see what I can do. Saying Im not an expert.

Regards

Christian

Yes - your second blur attempt greatly improves the original. Nice work.

Quote:But I think could be better if the dude was given a biiig smile, looking straight to the camera, enjoying the ice cream.
True, that it would make a nice picture with him doing that, but then he wouldn't be in a 'reflective' and 'thinking' mood in the picture Smile

What I like the most in your picture is the face of the guy... I think he is really thoughtful... I love it.... I love the original because of the colors, they are very warm... well yes.... without the bottle of watter.... Smile

I don't know if it works for you in this picture but when I want to make a mask I add a layer and paint it in a contrast color... reduce the opacity to see my picture and erase everything I want blurred... with this layer I make a selection I can work with... when I finish my work with the bg I take my soft tool and give just a final touch to the sharp objects trying to blend a bit the colors....

Hope it helps Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma, I'll try that Big Grin