• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest January 2015: Bridges & Overpasses

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest January 2015: Bridges & Overpasses

Category: Bridges & Overpasses
Contest Begins: January 1st, 2015
Contest Ends: January 31st, 2015
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs of some of your best photo shots of bridges and/or overpasses.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

How do I upload photos on the forums?

Here are a few threads which should be helpful in uploading photos to the forums. Please feel free to send me a message if you need additional help.

How To Attach Multiple Photos

How To Attach Photos

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

She lifts off in Point Edward, Ontario and returns to earth in Port Huron, Michigan.

Attached Files Image(s)

Forth Road Bridge Scotland celebrated its 50th birthday in 2014. This shot from the top of the South tower.

Attached Files Image(s)

Complex but beautiful structure patterns of the underside of the Forth Road Bridge in Scotland.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are some views of the bridges over the river Tamar in England looking from Saltash on the Cornish side towards the Plymouth suburb of St Budoux in the county of Devon to the north east.

The railway bridge built by the famous civil engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel is now undergoing extensive maintenance, whilst running parallel to it is the suspension road bridge constructed during the period 1959 - 1961 and opened by Her Majesty the Queen in 1961.

Techie Stuff.

Nikon D300, 80mm, F/8, 500 sec, ISO200, Aperture Priority, +0.7 stop, M/mode Pattern, White Balance Auto.

Over the Mississippi connecting Natchez, Mississippi with Vidalia, Louisiana, two twin cantilever bridges. Taken from the front patio of a biker bar (not my usual haunt) in Natchez.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is a shot of Clifton Suspension Bridge linking Clifton Bristol with Leigh Woods in North Somerset. A famous landmark in the area built by Brunel.
Canon 70d, 18-55mm lens, f16 1/250sec.

[Image: IMG_2574c_zps651cbb8b.jpg]

This is Bideford Long Bridge in Devon England. It spans the river Torridge, viewed from the Bideford side.
Canon 70d, 10mm lens, f11, 1/125 sec, iso 200

[img][Image: IMG_2062bidefordboat2copywright_zpsfd73111b.jpg][/img]

This image was taken at Stourhead Gardens owned by the National Trust. It is a grass covered foot bridge across a small stream that feeds the lake.
Canon 70d, 18-55mm lens, f16, 1/250th, ISO 200.

[img][Image: IMG_0729stourheadgrassbridgefinalprintwa...d02f48.jpg][/img]

Sorry, I don't know what happened to original post.

This a picture of a little bridge over a canal about 300 feet off the Withlacoochee River near Bushnell, Florida. I took it because of the great reflection and the lovely daylight colors.

Humber Bridge in Yorkshre, England

The Bridge, Priory Park, Malvern, Worcs.

1: Bridge f/11 1/125 at 42mm ISO 800.

2. Bridge and bandstand f/18 1/20 at 60mm ISO 800.

Malvern bustles with hi-tech development and public schools and outdoor pursuits and the famous Three Counties Show Ground and more, but I wanted to capture the old fashioned side of Malvern and that sense of walking back into a slightly mysterious and only dimly perceived Victorian times that one can easily experience in Priory Park.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is one I took of the 'Second' Severn Crossing. This is looking from Englands side into Wales.

Techie Stuff.

Nikon D300, ISO200, F/11, 1/320sec, 44mm, M/mode Pattern, AP, Exp/bias +1.

Sometimes the bridge is human scale, but very useful, and in a nice North Carolina setting.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi everyone,

here are my 2 bridges (hoping the images appear Smile ):

Tower Bridge from south bank of the Thames. EOS 6D 24-105L, at 35mm, 1/200 at f16 ISO 400. One of those days when the weather, clouds, and position made it easy. Amost as-is from camera except minor crop and level, convert raw to jpeg.

Itchen Bridge, Southampton, viewed from Woolston. EOS 6D 24-105 L at 35mm, 1.6s, f22, ISO 100. First efforts with DXO Opticspro on raw: reduce highlight and increase shadows exposure, restore contrast, increase red saturation (perhaps too much?) Used Photoshop to clone out some obtrusive traffic cones in the mud flats!

Dave

Two photos of the Pedestrian Bridge at University of Florida. It was once an old railroad trestle they converted, and design is interpreted as a double helix. Taken with my Nikon Coolpix P600.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Jan 17, 2015, 18:29)WDHewson Wrote:  Sometimes the bridge is human scale, but very useful, and in a nice North Carolina setting.

Such a beautiful little bridge. Really brings the reality of bridges to the heart. So down to earth in your thinking and setting. Love it.

Diane

(Jan 30, 2015, 20:53)ikisshorses Wrote:  
(Jan 17, 2015, 18:29)WDHewson Wrote:  Sometimes the bridge is human scale, but very useful, and in a nice North Carolina setting.

Such a beautiful little bridge. Really brings the reality of bridges to the heart. So down to earth in your thinking and setting. Love it.

Diane

And "bridge traffic" was so low that I could stop on the bridge and listen to the brook's babble which was telling me..............

Three late afternoon photos of the suspension bridge over the River Thames at Marlow in Buckinghamshire:

[ Pentax K-5 II; 28 mm, 17 mm, and 14 mm resp.; edited in PaintShop Pro 16. ]

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you to each of you who entered the contest! There were some really nice photos entered for January!

Congrats to webber on your submission in January's photo contest (post number 9)! Yours is chosen as the winner!

Thanks to each of your for participating! Be sure to enter February's contest!

We love to see your photos!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

That is a gorgeous picture, great subject and the fall colors are spectacular. Congrats Webber.

(Feb 1, 2015, 12:07)EnglishBob Wrote:  That is a gorgeous picture, great subject and the fall colors are spectacular. Congrats Webber.

Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you liked it.
Webber