Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trees at Dyrham Park

I took this yesterday at Dyrham Park, South Gloucestershire, England. Very cold & windy, but bright sunshine. Canon 70d, 18-55mm, 200iso, f16, 1/125 sec.
Shot in raw, converted to mono in cs6. Criticism appreciated please.

[img][Image: IMG_1106%20dyrham%20frostcopyright_zpsewqvmpea-1.jpg][/img]

If this were my image, there are three features I would try to correct or adjust, but not necessarily in this order -
1. Remove the black bar across the top of the frame.
2. Bring up the detail (by using Fill Light in ACR) in the large black area of the foreground.
3. Try to find out at what stage of processing the strange mottling effect came into the sky and correct it (unless, of course, the sky was actually like that!).

Cheers.
Philip

Skidded a bit here, has potential. Like to see original.

Not easy to rework. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

This is an example in which the strange mottling effect of the sky has been reduced -

Cheers.
Philip

I like your example Philip. Do you think the removal of the object to the left of the left hand tree and the two small ones to the right of the right hand tree would be worthwhile? they don't appear to be in harmony with the scene.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Jan 24, 2015, 15:08)EdMak Wrote:  Skidded a bit here, has potential. Like to see original.

Not easy to rework. Cheers. Ed.

Thanks Ed, here's the original. I purposely darkened the foreground for the effect I wanted. Maybe others have other ideas.
Thanks, Derek.

[img][Image: IMG_1106_zpsa3hhpyfe.jpg][/img]

(Jan 25, 2015, 05:09)Plantsman Wrote:  I like your example Philip. Do you think the removal of the object to the left of the left hand tree and the two small ones to the right of the right hand tree would be worthwhile? they don't appear to be in harmony with the scene.

Peter

I agree, Peter - I think that would also be a worthwhile edit, for the reason you suggest.

Cheers.
Philip

Derek, I like your original in colour and not having cropped so close to the left hand tree. I've removed the objects from the horizon as I feel they are rather incongruous.

Peter

[Image: IMG_1106_zpsvjbspcub.jpg]

Photography is a never-ending journey

One of each!! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Jan 25, 2016, 14:31