Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ground Squirrels

Thought I would share these images of what I believe to be "Ground Squirrels" taken on the trail overlooking Lake Louise, Alberta

Some, with the light on their very full cheeks are strikingly bright reds and oranges!

I have cropped the images as they were a fair way off and even with a 400mm lens there was just too much top of the mountain in the frame. Other than that they are as they were taken.

Canon 1Ds Mklll
Canon ef 70-200mm f2.8LIS with Canon x2 converter Mk lll
Focal length - 400mm
Av - 6.3
Tv - 1/320
ISO - 1000

Canon 1Ds Mklll
Canon ef 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS Focal length - 400mm
Av - 5.6
Tv - 1/60
ISO - 400

Canon 1Ds Mklll
Canon ef 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS Focal length - 400mm
Av - 5.6
Tv - 1/60
ISO - 400

Canon 1Ds Mklll
Canon ef 70-200mm f2.8L IS
Focal length - 200mm
Av - 8
Tv - 1/250
ISO - 1000

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Full marks. Ed.

To each his own!

I really don't know why I can't get this right!! Grr!Huh Apologies (again!) the last one is duplicated!

Canon 1Ds Mklll
Canon ef 70-200mm f2.8L IS
Focal length - 200mm
Av - 8
Tv - 1/250
ISO - 1000

Kind regards
Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thank you Ed...just happy that you liked them... they are very curious little guys and so photogenic! They do move very quickly. so. as you probably know, to get these few clear shots, many others were taken! That's the advantage of digital I suppose, which in some ways is not a good thing... I have really gotten lazy... in my earlier days with film, you really had to take great care - set it twice and shoot it once... now... just throw a lot of spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks... but, as you rightly say, "each to their own"Smile

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Great series, I believe they are Chipmunks? Smaller than a regular squirrel?

I understand that some would call them Chipmunk and others the Ground Squirrel... although I believe that they are a different genus... all very confusing... all I know is they will happily come to you and grab whatever food they can and be gone!

I'll settle for a general classification of Rodent? Big Grin (Plantsman?? )

Thank you for the comment... appreciate you taking the time to look and make the comment

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Works for me, Squirrels are just rats with better tailor's anyway.

The squirrels are beautiful, and their faces are exquisite. My squirrels in the back yard are little brown nondescripts...........

(Feb 2, 2015, 11:05)Rolf Wrote:  Thank you Ed...just happy that you liked them... they are very curious little guys and so photogenic! They do move very quickly. so. as you probably know, to get these few clear shots, many others were taken! That's the advantage of digital I suppose, which in some ways is not a good thing... I have really gotten lazy... in my earlier days with film, you really had to take great care - set it twice and shoot it once... now... just throw a lot of spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks... but, as you rightly say, "each to their own"Smile

Kind regards

Rolf

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dion 47
Oct 6, 2014, 02:56