Lens: 70-300mm
ExposureTime: 1/250"
Aperture: F10.0
MeteringMode: Multi-segment
Flash: No Flash
ISO: 200
FocalLength: 210.0 mm

Photography is a never-ending journey

Lovely photo. I go walking in forests a lot but have never managed to get more than 8 in a photo. Where was this taken? A great shot.

Regards
Jane

(Feb 6, 2015, 14:03)snaphappy Wrote:  Lovely photo. I go walking in forests a lot but have never managed to get more than 8 in a photo. Where was this taken? A great shot.

Regards
Jane

Hi Jane, This is an estate herd at Wentworth S.Yorkshire. I doubt if you well see herds this size roaming wild in Britain. Like you I've seen and photographed a few in the wild and at nature reserves. These were easily spooked and photographed at quite a distance. I have some roe deer that I tracked down and got closer to early one morning last summer. I will post shortly.

Peter

Photography is a never-ending journey

Would love to see this on an A3 print. Ed.

To each his own!

Great subject... like the crop too... all good!

Thank you for the share

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Neat pano!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post