[Image: Owl_zpsc0lyspqj.jpg]

[Image: Owl2_zpscp8ugxw9.jpg]

Model: NIKON D300
ExposureTime: 1/25"
Aperture: F13.0
ISO: 400
FocalLength: 300.0 mm

Photography is a never-ending journey

Brilliant pictures Peter I particularly liked the second one.
Mark

(Feb 13, 2015, 06:17)Mark Stewart-Clarke Wrote:  Brilliant pictures Peter I particularly liked the second one.
Mark

Yes, me too - there were some fine opportunities for short-eared and barn owls in flight but needing a longer reach and faster lens than my Nikkor 70-300mm.

Wonderful light falling in a great subject, nice.

Nice capture! .......... What time of day was this?

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Absolute belters. Ed.

To each his own!

(Feb 13, 2015, 10:53)johnytrout Wrote:  Nice capture! .......... What time of day was this?

If I remember correctly it was between 3.0 and 4.0 pm, cloudy and the light was beginning to fade.
Just before I left the carrs the barn owls were seen. There is a derelict barn-like building on the site and presumably where they roost.

I agree! Peter... good shots! There was nothing wrong with it's hearing either... Big Grin

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thanks for your comments. I was quite happy with the results considering the limitations of my lens; plus the fact that I was with photographers who were using 500mm+ glass and must have obtained some great close-ups not needing a crop.

It is a shame that Worlaby Carrs, a fine semi bog and fenland, and a superb home for owl species has now been turned over to agriculture despite protestations from wildlife followers. The owners of the carrs had said that Nature England were not paying enough money for the stewardship of the land so were taking it back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post