Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mallard at Bedgebury Pinetum

Taken on the last visit to the UK at Bedgebury...

All were shot using a Canon EOS 5D, Canon ef 100-400mm L IS lens ISO was 400 throughout, F5.6 throughout with shutter at between 1/1000-1/2000th and hand held.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

A couple more of Duck bath time...Big Grin

[attachment=4294]

Kind regards

Rolf

Attached Files Image(s)

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Excellent captures - well taken.

Really super photos. All well captured, but must say my favourites are bath time 1, 2 and 4. The water running off the duck shows just how waterproof their feathers are. Magic Smile

Regards
Jane

Superb clarity - as expected from a Canon user - A fine example of how the humble mallard can be just as good a subject as the less common water fowl.

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Feb 17, 2015, 22:46)Jeffbridge Wrote:  Excellent captures - well taken.

Thank you Jeff...

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Feb 18, 2015, 04:54)Plantsman Wrote:  Superb clarity - as expected from a Canon user - A fine example of how the humble mallard can be just as good a subject as the less common water fowl.

Coming from someone who consistently submits excellent shots - thank you for your kind remarks... I shall be kinder from now on to the Nikonistas! Big Grin Do you know Bedgebury?

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Feb 18, 2015, 03:40)snaphappy Wrote:  Really super photos. All well captured, but must say my favourites are bath time 1, 2 and 4. The water running off the duck shows just how waterproof their feathers are. Magic Smile

Regards
Jane
Thank you Jane! I'm glad you liked the images... end of the day, it's whether the image is pleasing to the beholder rather than it's technical merit which is always a point of contention...Smile and that is how we learn?

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Feb 18, 2015, 10:37)Rolf Wrote:  
(Feb 18, 2015, 04:54)Plantsman Wrote:  Superb clarity - as expected from a Canon user - A fine example of how the humble mallard can be just as good a subject as the less common water fowl.

Coming from someone who consistently submits excellent shots - thank you for your kind remarks... I shall be kinder from now on to the Nikonistas! Big Grin Do you know Bedgebury?

Kind regards

Rolf

Not a place I know Rolf. In fact I can't recall having been anywhere in Kent.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Not a place I know Rolf. In fact I can't recall having been anywhere in Kent.
[/quote]

Well, if you ever do find yourself down that part of the UK...
http://www.britishwildlifecentre.co.uk/
http://bedgeburypinetum.org.uk/
The British Wildlife Centre is a great way to spend a day and you can get some remarkable photos of animals that would be very difficult to happen across in the wild..

Have a good day

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Boy, when you all put this fabulous work out there, it makes me realize how far I must go. They are all so perfect.

(Feb 17, 2015, 14:10)Rolf Wrote:  Taken on the last visit to the UK at Bedgebury...

All were shot using a Canon EOS 5D, Canon ef 100-400mm L IS lens ISO was 400 throughout, F5.6 throughout with shutter at between 1/1000-1/2000th and hand held.

Kind regards

Rolf

(Feb 20, 2015, 16:50)czkid Wrote:  When you all put this fabulous work out there, it makes me realize how far I must go. They are all so perfect.

(Feb 17, 2015, 14:10)Rolf Wrote:  Taken on the last visit to the UK at Bedgebury...

Kind regards

Rolf

Thanks czkid... wouldn't say fab but I know what you mean... it's in you to do the same... Smile

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Great series.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Oct 5, 2015, 05:31
Last Post by Janika
Jan 5, 2008, 21:00