Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Woodpecker at Hogtown creek

I seems I'm doomed to happen upon difficult shots. This woodpecker showed himself asIi was getting in my truck at the park. Had to open camera, get set, it was very misty, bird was about 65 ft straight up, and I had to bend practically backward to get a shot. Prayed that it would work. It did. Had to do high pass sharpen and color vibrancy to bring it out. Nikon coolpix, cropped very closely, original is 6.1 mb, 4608 x 3456 px.

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful shot - so pretty too.

(Mar 3, 2015, 12:59)czkid Wrote:  I seems I'm doomed to happen upon difficult shots. This woodpecker showed himself asIi was getting in my truck at the park. Had to open camera, get set, it was very misty, bird was about 65 ft straight up, and I had to bend practically backward to get a shot. Prayed that it would work. It did. Had to do high pass sharpen and color vibrancy to bring it out. Nikon coolpix, cropped very closely, original is 6.1 mb, 4608 x 3456 px.

Very nice shot of the Red-bellied woodpecker czkid. We have the Greater and Lesser spotted and the Green woodpeckers here in the UK. The Green being the largest is size.
I've only had the chance of one distant shot of the latter.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Given the circumstances, excellent. Ed.

To each his own!

I've been trying to get the Pileated woodpecker. Have seen holes like they make in the pine trees, but haven't seen one for a long time. They get as big as crows. At one time they were endangered?

(Mar 4, 2015, 02:16)Plantsman Wrote:  
(Mar 3, 2015, 12:59)czkid Wrote:  I seems I'm doomed to happen upon difficult shots. This woodpecker showed himself asIi was getting in my truck at the park. Had to open camera, get set, it was very misty, bird was about 65 ft straight up, and I had to bend practically backward to get a shot. Prayed that it would work. It did. Had to do high pass sharpen and color vibrancy to bring it out. Nikon coolpix, cropped very closely, original is 6.1 mb, 4608 x 3456 px.

Very nice shot of the Red-bellied woodpecker czkid. We have the Greater and Lesser spotted and the Green woodpeckers here in the UK. The Green being the largest is size.
I've only had the chance of one distant shot of the latter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MBS
Jul 28, 2017, 07:57
Last Post by Rolf
Jan 29, 2015, 17:44