Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hawks lucky shots

At friends house and lo and behold two different kinds of hawks came to roost at the same time. One pair and one loner.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Mar 10, 2015, 04:01)czkid Wrote:  At friends house and lo and behold two different kinds of hawks came to roost at the same time. One pair and one loner. Have to add, I overprocessed them, but, they were way past my zoom capability, and it's too early in the morning.......

Good captures. Post an original? Ed.

To each his own!

Here are the originals. Well, I took several. I think the single red is the right one. They're almost identical.

Attached Files Image(s)

Are these straight out out of the camera, untouched? Ed.

To each his own!

My goodness - stunning images

Yes, these are my originals. I don't mess with them they are archived. also, I have a better side shot of the red one. Grabbed the wrong one when posting.

(Mar 10, 2015, 10:20)EdMak Wrote:  Are these straight out out of the camera, untouched? Ed.

Thank you. I'm not happy with my camera, because I've progressed beyond it's capabilities in my shots. They all seem to be long distance, and I don't have the mechanical capability except with the full zoom on this Nikon Coolpix. Well, have to save my money and buy a more advanced camera.................

(Mar 10, 2015, 21:46)Jeffbridge Wrote:  My goodness - stunning images

Addendum to this reply......Here is the side view with the face of the red hawk unretouched and not messed with.

(Mar 10, 2015, 07:22)czkid Wrote:  Here are the originals. Well, I took several. I think the single red is the right one. They're almost identical.

Attached Files Image(s)

Your Nikon has 13m Pixels, I use a Coolpix with 7M and am happy with results.
Try taking a pic with digital zoom, then the same pic with optical zoom only, make the optical the same as the digital, area wise, with your
software, which is the better.
what is this like, generally. Cheers. Ed.

https://app.box.com/s/uvmgb02c9qaktv6n3oxaup7ap16mgb68

To each his own!

Hi guys Here's my lucky hawk shot - I say lucky but I think I used the equivalent of a whole roll of film trying to get a decent capture of these two Galapagos Hawks. Regards

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Really nice!!

(Mar 18, 2015, 13:33)Freeman Wrote:  Hi guys Here's my lucky hawk shot - I say lucky but I think I used the equivalent of a whole roll of film trying to get a decent capture of these two Galapagos Hawks. Regards

Jeff

Yes!

(Mar 10, 2015, 10:20)EdMak Wrote:  Are these straight out out of the camera, untouched? Ed.

To me, they have an unnatural look, glazed or a similar effect. Have no idea what is causing it, but I do not think it should be there. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19