Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gerbera for Critique please

Hi
I've been playing again, Downloaded a 4 week trial of lightroom and have enjoyed playing and seeing what I can change
Regards
Wendy

Nothing more to the right, all the petals. Like to see the original. Ed.

To each his own!

Love the tones and textures here, great mono conversion.

I would like to of seen the right side of the flower intact as Ed stated. And then I'm torn, I like the side view, but feel drawn in and want to see into the flower, feel that if the camera was an inch or two higher I would get a much bigger story. Now is the fact it is drawing me in and making me want more better then what i would get with the higher viewpoint... I don't know!

Very Nicely Done.

(Mar 18, 2015, 16:50)EdMak Wrote:  Nothing more to the right, all the petals. Like to see the original. Ed.
Hi Ed
Heres the original no pp just saved as jpeg and made small enough to post
Regards
Wendy

Like the unusual aspect... drawn to the darker reflecting water droplet though which is distracting when trying to see the whole... agree with previous comments about framing... I too would have liked a little more visibility into the flower... maybe I would have rotated the head 90 degrees right and taken a shot slightly above it... again... just my opinion. Colours are good as is the focus on the water.
So, I have a new monitor and is not calibrated and the colours look a bit bright pink in one view and a darker red in LR5... so I have not touched the colours... but I have done a small crop... and played with the aspect ratio... I get the feeling of being able to see more... and I think that is you taking the pic reflected in the large water droplet? Big Grin

Just as a different idea to consider...

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

As you put up a B&W here it is as a high contrast B&W with both central droplets individually enhanced to stand out a little... The little "horseshoe" shapes you can see reflected are simply the flash tube... or the light you had on...
As always though, it is your image and how you want to see it is what counts...

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

????? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Big Grin Whilst it does balance the image... and the join is hard to see... this is why I distrust PS, LR etc... you never know if what you get is what was taken as a photo, or if it's been played with and is an image... but, I am in some way just a guilty as I try to learn how to use these tools in a good way... You use Elements Ed?

Kind regards Ed,

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Mar 19, 2015, 12:21)Rolf Wrote:  Big Grin Whilst it does balance the image... and the join is hard to see... this is why I distrust PS, LR etc... you never know if what you get is what was taken as a photo, or if it's been played with and is an image... but, I am in some way just a guilty as I try to learn how to use these tools in a good way... You use Elements Ed?

Kind regards Ed,

Rolf
Thank you all for your comments
Wendy

I use about 1% of CS4E!! Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

I think that Rolf's crop has gone in the right direction. But perhaps it could go a bit further? -

[ Processed from your colour photo in Post #4, Wendy, using PaintShop Pro X6. ]

Cheers.
Philip

(Mar 19, 2015, 15:51)MrB Wrote:  I think that Rolf's crop has gone in the right direction. But perhaps it could go a bit further? -

[ Processed from your colour photo in Post #4, Wendy, using PaintShop Pro X6. ]

Cheers.
Philip

Hi Phillip
I love what you have done, you guys give me lots of ideas of what to try,I always said I wouldn't do any pp wanted to get everything right in camera but I'm enjoying myself trying out Lightroom and pse11. Just want to get it right in camera but have a long way to go yet.
Regards
Wendy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Aug 19, 2017, 03:37