Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lighting

Hi, my name is David and i have been shooting mainly wildlife. i have been asked to do some portraits-grandchildren etc and only have 2x SB700 flash guns. any advice to get soft shadows etc with this kit. oh camera d700. appreciate any help.[/size]

If you don't have soft boxes or diffuser's then bouncing the flash is the way to go, bounce them off a a ceiling or wall. Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Hello David and welcome to Shutter talk. Try this link and if need be, research others from Matt... http://www.mattgranger.com/tutorials/ite...-portraits

Good luck and kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Put a kitchen towel over the flash, to act as a diffuser. Do some trial shots. Welcome. Ed.

To each his own!

thank you all for really good tips/advice on lighting with 2x sb700. will endevour to try out the exercises and web sites recommened. appreciated David.

(Apr 13, 2015, 15:13)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here!

why thank you, looking forward to contributing as well as seeking advice.

(Apr 12, 2015, 17:06)EnglishBob Wrote:  If you don't have soft boxes or diffuser's then bouncing the flash is the way to go, bounce them off a a ceiling or wall. Welcome to Shuttertalk.
thank you will experiment. David.

I meant a Paper towel, from a roll. Sorry for the slip. Ed.

To each his own!

Hey David, welcome to Shutter Talk!