Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Panorama

I have been trying out some software on the PC, for stitching multiple shots to make one panoramic photo. Below is the result of one of my attempts, but first is a single shot of Verulamium Park lake and bridge, in St Albans, Hertfordshire, to show the usual field of view of the 40mm prime lens being used on the DSLR:

The camera was then turned to portrait orientation to take seven images of the scene, each one overlapping about half of the previous one, all done hand-held, and all with the same camera settings in manual mode. They were later combined on the computer to make this panorama:

The original pano image contained over 70 megapixels! This one has been reduced to allow uploading to this forum, but it is still big enough to see the quality that the software retains - view it at its full size to get the best impression of its potential.

The software is free and is called Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor).

[ Pentax K-5 IIs; ISO 200; 40mm prime lens; f/5.6; 1/200s; editing software - PaintShop Pro X6 ]

Nicely done, love the clouds. I'll have to take a look at the software.

That looks super Philip. Ed.

To each his own!

Bob and Ed - many thanks to you both for viewing and commenting. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

(May 22, 2015, 03:04)MrB Wrote:  Bob and Ed - many thanks to you both for viewing and commenting. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Nicely done Philip... really like the image and the drama offered by the clouds but would suggest that it would lend itself to losing the little distraction in the bottom right corner?

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Rolf, thank you for your comments, and I agree with you about the distraction bottom right - a bit of the edge of the lake which would be better cloned out.

Cheers.
Philip