Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nikon D7100

I have a Nikon D7100 and it does not focus I have used both lenses that came with the camera and the same thing pictures that are not in good focus so i suspect that it is the camera. wheat I would like to know is if this is a problem with the 7100 i will be taking the camera back to Costco and was wonder if I should replace it with another 7100 or get a different camera all together. I would like to stick with Nikon as I have D40x. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Is it not in focus on the back screen, in the eyepiece or the images on the computer?

Make sure the lenses are swiched to automatic focus.

If just the eyepiece, make sure the diopter adjustment is centered.

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Post a Pic. Welcome. Ed.

To each his own!

[attachment=4952]
(Sep 29, 2015, 20:44)EnglishBob Wrote:  Is it not in focus on the back screen, in the eyepiece or the images on the computer?

Make sure the lenses are swiched to automatic focus.

If just the eyepiece, make sure the diopter adjustment is centered.

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

every thing is set for auto focus the images on the computer are out of focus if. On the back screen they look OK but if I use quality button to blow it up a little I can see that its not in sharp focus

Hi,
You may find this of use :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqhH2ELuCaE

Welcome to Shuttertalk.
Regards,
Mike.

(Sep 30, 2015, 08:36)Browser Mike Wrote:  Hi,
You may find this of use :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqhH2ELuCaE

Welcome to Shuttertalk.
Regards,
Mike.

I will try that thanks for the info

[attachment=4953]
(Sep 30, 2015, 01:28)EdMak Wrote:  Post a Pic. Welcome. Ed.

Thanks for the come back here is a pic as you requested

(Sep 30, 2015, 09:11)jjford43 Wrote:  
(Sep 30, 2015, 01:28)EdMak Wrote:  Post a Pic. Welcome. Ed.

Thanks for the come back here is a pic as you requested

The photo doesn't look too bad to me. Did you focus on the eyes?
Where you focus makes a huge difference along with the F number and camera shake.
Sorry if you know this already, I don't want to offend you.
I hope you sort it. The video on calibrating focus is very interesting.
Cheers.

This was from a file size, 175Kb, need the original to do it justice.

Did you do any post processing, or is the listed creation software built into the Nikon.
1/180 seems a bit slow to me, but Nikon chose this, not you, and you may have anti shake activated. Don't see the eyes, focus wise, coming into this pic, it's full length plus, and all on the same plane seem the same to me, and the background is not in focus, indicates, to me, Nikon got it about right.

If you have a tripod, or use a brace to steady yourself, take a pic of a newspaper, or similar, about the same distance as this pic, on auto focus, then manual focus, compare the results, should tell you something. Can you look at it on another computer, does text appear sharp on your one. Does it have any sharpen setting. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Oct 1, 2015, 07:42)EdMak Wrote:  This was from a file size, 175Kb, need the original to do it justice.

Did you do any post processing, or is the listed creation software built into the Nikon.
1/180 seems a bit slow to me, but Nikon chose this, not you, and you may have anti shake activated. Don't see the eyes, focus wise, coming into this pic, it's full length plus, and all on the same plane seem the same to me, and the background is not in focus, indicates, to me, Nikon got it about right.

If you have a tripod, or use a brace to steady yourself, take a pic of a newspaper, or similar, about the same distance as this pic, on auto focus, then manual focus, compare the results, should tell you something. Can you look at it on another computer, does text appear sharp on your one. Does it have any sharpen setting. Ed.
I didn't do any processing the only thing I did was to down size it from a raw image so I could post it. The listed creation software is from Nikon it came with the camera on a disk and was put on my computer. I haven't tried the newspaper thing yet but I will and when I do I will take a pic with my D-40 just to compare them. Thanks for the reply. The camera takes pretty good close up shots as I have some humming bird pics that came out really well it is when I take scenery shots that I have a problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Apr 9, 2017, 04:26
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jan 4, 2017, 10:00