Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who said that

Took this when the Glosters marched in Bristol exercising their right to the freedom of the city. I liked this soldiers expression.
Don't know whether colour or mono. I think I prefer mono.

[img][Image: 21363590771_ff14997e61_c.jpg]_MG_1744 who said that 2 by derek webber, on Flickr[/img]

[img][Image: 21329095706_6d52601fce_c.jpg]_MG_1744 who said that 3 by derek webber, on Flickr[/img]

Canon 70d ƒ/5.6
250.0 mm
1/4000
400 iso

On my monitor, the B&W pic is too dark. Ed.

To each his own!

I prefer the Color one in this case, don't know why.

The 2nd and 3rd soldiers are merging into one another in the BW shot prfer the col.

I like the mono, and your treatment of it is potentially a good idea. However, the top of his head seems to be merging into the background, so perhaps you might lighten his cap a little to give clearer separation.

Cheers.
Philip

Very captivating photo - but the mono is way out front in my eyes - the dynamic in the pose is brought out and the slightly protective relationship with the obviously younger soldiers, plus it downplays the weapon nicely and brings the personality out a little through the tattoo...love it! Jeff

Thanks for the comments. In the mono shot I deliberately selected the main character & darkened everything else to make him stand out. It makes a very good print on my set up.