Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Big Gator!

This was taken at Boulware Springs Park, Gainesville, FL. I was about ten feet from him. At times gators line the banks and people have to walk aroun them to avoid them. Lots of people, don't seem to have problems. The gators just lie there and bask in the sun. Actually so many people go there every day to see them, I think the gators are used to it, as long as no one bothers them..................The park rangers patrol pretty closely.

Attached Files Image(s)

I would still buy a telephoto lens!! Ed.

To each his own!

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

Great shot... and while they may be docile, I ain't gonna get within 20 feet of it.

Craig, I was thinking of 200 Ft, minimum. Ed.

To each his own!

Lovely shot. Woudn't get me that close though - they can move pretty quick when they want to.
Jane

(Oct 18, 2015, 05:04)czkid Wrote:  This was taken at Boulware Springs Park, Gainesville, FL. I was about ten feet from him. At times gators line the banks and people have to walk aroun them to avoid them. Lots of people, don't seem to have problems. The gators just lie there and bask in the sun. Actually so many people go there every day to see them, I think the gators are used to it, as long as no one bothers them..................The park rangers patrol pretty closely.

Too close for comfort !

Very interesting way the colours are presented - would like to have some techie info on this shot cz please - can't help going back to this one for the dazzle blue and the delicate green (as well as the monster).

I once stumbled close to a smallish croc while retrieving a golf ball from a water hole where he was lurking. But I didn't stay long enough for either of us to take snaps though! I never heard of crocs as tame as yours....

Tech info Jeff, Full Auto, one very quick Click, and, Run. Ed.

To each his own!

This was "tweaked" in Paintshop (my favorite). Used "color" menu selection "vibrancy", and sharpen more. Vibrancy is my favorite to use, because it seems to really really bring out the colors intensely. glad you like it.

(Oct 19, 2015, 14:32)Freeman Wrote:  Very interesting way the colours are presented - would like to have some techie info on this shot cz please - can't help going back to this one for the dazzle blue and the delicate green (as well as the monster).

I once stumbled close to a smallish croc while retrieving a golf ball from a water hole where he was lurking. But I didn't stay long enough for either of us to take snaps though! I never heard of crocs as tame as yours....